Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT..? about V8 rebuild for a 86 Cutlass Supreme

SHOCKWAVETOM
    My son asked me to see if anybody has an idea of how much it will cost him to rebuild a V8 motor that is in a 86 Cutlass Supreme he is thinking of buying. If not too bad he will buy the car, have the engine rebuilt, redo the interior, paint it and then sell it.
    Thanks in advance

Kachina26
    My son asked me to see if anybody has an idea of how much it will cost him to rebuild a V8 motor that is in a 86 Cutlass Supreme he is thinking of buying. If not too bad he will buy the car, have the engine rebuilt, redo the interior, paint it and then sell it.
    Thanks in advance
    Even if the car was given to him, it would cost more to do what he is talking about than he would get in return. Unless he is doing the labor, even then it would be a wash. Not really an in demand car.

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Even if the car was given to him, it would cost more to do what he is talking about than he would get in return. Unless he is doing the labor, even then it would be a wash. Not really an in demand car.
    He would be paying $500 for it. I will let him know what you said K26....Thanks

Kachina26
    He would be paying $500 for it. I will let him know what you said K26....Thanks
    Not to mention it probably has the 5.0 "Y" engine, which means it would have to go to a test only station for smog which means it has to be exactly right with all the smog stuff.

TRIMM MANN
    I am in the car business, I hate to say it but on it's best day in showroom condition you might get your $500.00 back....Be carefull :skull: :skull:

Hallett19
    ....... Not really an in demand car.
    Unless you paint it candy purple, put hydros and gold daytons that stick out 6 to 11 inches and sell it in east los angeles.... Everyone down there wants one of those

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Sounds good guys. I will let him come on here and read your input so he can see for himself.
    Tom

Sun burners
    Is he into EL CAMINOS?
    I have a 1982 that runs?

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Is he into EL CAMINOS?
    I have a 1982 that runs?
    His plan is to fix it up, sell it and buy a jet boat by next summer. I don't know about the El Camino. Remember it is not for love of a Cutlass or anything...simply a money making situation.

F26
    El Dorado...the original L DOG :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast