All this talk about rules on boats got me thinking. I'm sure a lot of you have second homes (vacation homes). I've got one in Tahoe. Do you lend out your place? Do you have rules? Here are some of mine along with some things that piss me off about some of my friends and family.
Change the sheets- If you slept in one of my beds, even for only one night, put clean sheets on when your done.
Don't have your crap sprawled out all over the place- keep my place picked up. Remember, this is my home, respect it.
Don't bring tag-a-longs- whether I'm there or not. If you ask to use my place, that means you not everyone of your freeloading friends (unless of course you clear it with me first and agree to be responsible for your friends behavior)
No pets- why would you even think your dog is welcome to chew and piss on my couch while your out doing whatever.
Replace what you used- this means food and toiletries. I don't charge you to use my place. It isn't a hotel. I hate coming back to the place after lending it out to find my refrigerator, that I left stocked, empty and no toilet paper left.
Leave the place better than when you found it- empty the trash and clean up. There is nothing worse than coming back to a house that somebody left there half eaten mexican food in the trash can for weeks.
Clean out the sink- I don't want to see the toothpaste or whatever you left in there when I'm trying to brush my teeth.
Bring your own towels- I don't care how many I have, it never seems to be enough. Plus people seem to respect sh*t better when they paid for it.
If you use my place for more than a couple of days, call the maid and leave her some money. Again, I'm not running a hotel, so don't expect me to clean up after you.
Offer to help with anything it we're there together. I understand it's your vactation, but it's mine too. Don't expect me to wait on you.
Am I an azzhole for thinking this way?