Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guest rules for your home (second home)

Midlife Advantage
    I hear Midlife Advantage will even pull your weeds from the front yard as a Thank you for letting him use your home for the weekend. Heck, he might even pull out a plant or too as well. LOL
    while I was doing that, IBCG was inside scrubbing the toilets, washing sheets and towels, and dishes....like a good lil woman should!
    No shit, it someone lets you use their house, and I have been blessed with a few friends who will, what idiot would not leave it cleaner than when you got there? The last day is for laundry, cleaning and any other stuff the owner mentioned needing doing. To me its just what yer paying in rent!
    (and we stayed the hell outta the Master BR too)

Midlife Advantage
    Oh BTW, pics of the girls cleaning house in bikinis is a must!

prosthogod
    simple:bring food and liquor, buy food and liquor, and pay the $75 for the cleaning crew so we don't have to work the day we are leaving, oh ya, naked pictures.

ULTRA28
    Lots of good points. I agree with most of them. Especially the sheets one. I'm also real particular about the sink cleaning thing. I've got hammered copper sinks that will change color if you leave toothpaste in them. For the most part I haven't had any problems with people staying with us being a problem, but I can see where a checklist and set of rules of some sort would help.

SDLifesaver
    We have rented our house for the past 2 summers and in addition have friends stay with us alot of the times we are out there. We have been very lucky with people keeping the place clean and not damaging anything. What we do is keep our toiletries in a box that gets put away when we leave thus no issues. We have our own set of sheets that gets put away (another box), and the fridge is always cleaned out except for condos and left over drinks ect. In our house rules that get sent to everyone that rents it is clearly stated that if you use any of the hard liquor, replace it, if you break somthing, replace it and please tell us if you can't replace it so we can. Wall scuffs happen, spills happen, just don't hide things from us because I am like CSI whenever I am there and I will find it. Most people that Know me know how OCD I am about everything I own so the cleaning is usually over the top and we appreciate it. My .02. Nick

spectratoad
    Am I an azzhole for thinking this way?
    Um......not at all, when can I pick up the keys? I would even leave a quantity of your favorite beverage. So since I am here local and if you ever need someone to run up and take a look at your place let me know.
    I have to agree with the sheet thing. I don't have a second home, well sort of. It is my motorhome. People sometime stay in it when they come by our house. At least pull the sumbit#hes off so they can get washed.

XtrmWakeborder
    Nothing wrong with those rules at all, in fact the last time i stayed the weekend at my friends place in hemet my g/f and i raked and swept the pine needles, pine cones, and leaves out around her place...always leave it better than you found it.

Ziggy
    Leave as you found it, wash bedding. An addition to TP stock or paper towels is a nice gesture or whatever else you think the place could use.

Midlife Advantage
    A bottle of wine and a thank you note is from the heart for me. And Bob, I hope you enjoyed it, only an 05, but a sample of that South African yumyum

HYPNAUTIC
    My wife and I have been lucky enough to use our friends house in BH. There are a few things we like to do in appreciation for them letting us use their home.
    #1 Bring our own sheets and pillows and towels (you can wash them in your W/D when you get home)
    #2 If you see something that needs cleaning, clean it, even if you didnt get it dirty
    #3 Thats there beer, ours is at the circle K
    #4 Bring extra TP, paper towel, napkins. trash bags, etc.. for the house
    #5 Haul your trash out (the gas station has a dumpster you can use)
    #6 Sleep in the guest bedroom, the Master B/R is just that. (for the Master)
    #7 Return the keys immeaditely
    Hey GT, we really do appreciate it when you let us stay there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast