i won my mediation yesterday vs London Bridge regarding the towing of my boat during RRX 3.0 a few months back. Even though it was only 250 bucks and I spent over double to recover that there was a business principle that was overlooked and worth scrapping about so I did.
The basis of my arguement was that as a paid attendee of a sanctioned London Bridge event I as a customer had a reasonable expectation of a parking space be it on asphalt or in this case water, please bear in mind that the docks are public by day and reserved for guests by night with no overnight mooring for non-guests, fair enough. In effect I was a guest at a function, a paid function and not to mention I also frequent the other bars and restaurants in the hotel. I had also asked one of the security guys if it was OK since i was with the RRX group and he said yeah but not overnight. No prob, wasn't planning on it.
The snag came from a weasel named Chris Hansen that owns a D grade jet ski rental outfit called "Adventure Center" he also doubles up as towing outfit though not for London Bridge anymore and I like to think partly because of this incident, there is still a question of whether or not London Bridge actually called for the tow or if Hansen just helped himself to the boats without asking. To compound matters worse their "tow vehicle" is a jet ski, thats right a 450 lb lake lice is expected to maintain control of my 7500lb boat! Guess thats why I had a nice quarter sized chip in the gel on the starbord rear from it, I wasn't able to prove it was them that did it so I wasn't able to collect on it but i have other ways of achieving satisfaction :devil: .
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS OUT OF THIS FOR YOU!
As a condition of settlement with Cal the GM for London Bridge I made him promise to get together with Todd and Uncle Larry from Jokers Wild and implement an additional banding system to identify boats that will be parking at the docks during Jokers Wild dinners and award ceremonies at their convention hall. Not everyone will park there of course, some just beach and leave their boat unattended, I prefer not too. So now with this additional banding you will be allowed to park up while you are in the hall and vacate immediately following.
So yeah, Cal the London Bridge GM was great, London Bridge is great and Todd and Uncle larry and Jokers Wild are cool as always. Boycott the bottom feeding pricks at "Adventure Center" though.
I spent $600 to get $250 but I felt like some good came out of it, thats enough for me. Whats next, I'm feeling feisty.