Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for Mechanics out there?

havasurat27
    Maybe someone can put thier finger on this problem. Since I cannot get an appt at JC Marine, Savage, Magic for several weeks maybe some help from all of this collected knowledge and surely years of boating issues that make up this happy place called the Sandbar. Any shots in the dark are appreciated!
    Boat: Hallett 240
    Eng: GT Perf. 502 carbureted, alum head, MSD ig w/6m-2 box.
    Prob: An annoying miss that keeps coming back and now will not go away as in the past. The motor runs perfect through all RPMs under no load but misses under any load. This happened last season on the first trip out and I thought we nailed it down because it went away for about 150 hours. Third trip out this season and it is back again.
    Troubleshooting that I did over the weekend: Checked batteries and charging system, carb, did a complete service incl. filters and seperators, new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, checked the MSD wire harness, oil is clean, pressure is good. All things check out but the damn miss will not go away as in the past. Any ideas? MSD Box? :cry: :220v:

Craig
    I was having aproblem simlilar to this, it was the ignition switch. Mine would just have a miss out of nowhere. When yours misses, have you noticed if your gauges jump at all?

RAZORSHARP
    Flux capacitor.

jimslade
    check spark voltage-output

Ziggy
    Bigger Hammer?? :idea:
    Could be numerous things.....At least you have advise from one with a similar issue....give it a try, should be easy job.

havasurat27
    All of my gauges were bouncing for a short time....almost like a bad ground. Checked all of the instrument panel wiring and nothing appears out of place. My gauges all read well except for the tach. It still moves around a bit if you hold it a on RPM in N. Could be something to look into. Thanks

havasurat27
    check spark voltage-output
    Will do....Thanks

havasurat27
    Flux capacitor.
    I have already tried many different brands of bologna but nothings seems to help.. I am going to have the catalytic converters check though! :rollside:

RAZORSHARP
    I'd say blinker fluid, but don't think your model came with them. Freegin' upgrades!

havasurat27
    I'd say blinker fluid, but don't think your model came with them. Freegin' upgrades!
    LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast