Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ventura Offshore Race 10-9 thru 10-10

Flashwave
    Pacific Offshore in conjunction with the Ventura Port District and Teague Custom Marine will be hosting the Ventura Offshore Grand Prix October 9-10. Festivities at the beautiful Ventura harbor include a car show, band, vendor midway and the race boats. Racing action starts at 12:00 on Sunday, with testing from 11am to 4pm on Saturday. Come and enjoy the final race of the Pacific Offshore season.
    Directions to Harbor Village:
    From US 101N or S, take the Seward Avenue Exit and turn Left. Proceed to E. Harbor Blvd. and turn Left. Turn Right on Spinnaker Dr. Follow road until you reach the entrance to Ventura Harbor Village.

redneckgirl
    Thanks for the info we will be attending!!!!
    RNG

Rev. Williams
    I'd like to go, but is there anywhere to actually see the boats running?? and not just seeing a static display?

Liquid Courage
    We'll be out there!
    If you want a really good view from land you can stand on the Ventura Pier. The boats race right across the end of the pier. In years past the course took them directly into the swell in front of the pier to make for some really good air time! Last year though, they reversed the course so the boats ran with the swell
    You can always drop your boat in the water and watch from there too!
    Heres a pic of the old Ettore boat my G-friend took from our boat, airing it out one week before they did that horrendess stuff in Florida .....
    http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/HOT-...5-Hot-Shot.jpg

ADDICTED
    Liquid That is one sick ass picture! NIce air

CrazyHippy
    My parents live in Ventura... guess i'll have to go home this weekend
    BJH

Liquid Courage
    Liquid That is one sick ass picture! NIce air
    Yea, that thing was landing so hard the motors would cut out and almost stall! The Ventura race is known to be a good air course.

boatslayer
    Thanks for the info we will be attending!!!!
    RNG
    hey hope u guys have fun, and i hope dustin gets to meet some off the drivers

fourspeednup
    Damn...I'm gonna be in Parker next weekend :frown: I was looking forward to going home and watching the race, oh well next year I suppose :smile:
    Nice pic LQ, yeah we get some pretty big swells out there...makes for great pics if you're in the right spot

LUVNLIFE
    I'd like to go, but is there anywhere to actually see the boats running?? and not just seeing a static display?
    Jerry check your PMs :wink:

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast