Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help ID this Sanger

Flat Happy
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...8134_3407a.jpg
    Do any of you Sanger experts know anything about this type of Sanger hull? It's a bubbledeck flatbottom. The bottom has slight concaves on the sides and flat in the middle. It's got a Speed Coat on the bottom as well. I'm not sure on the year as the title says 1971 Sanger. The previous owner advertised it as 1974 Sanger, insurance papers from the past show 1975 Sanger and 1976 Sanger. So I don't know the exact year. I believe the boat has been repainted and it has no VIN #s on the rear of the hull. The floor was coated with a black epoxy or some sort by Sanger, so I can't see any numbers on the inside of the stringer. Look at that dash! I've never seen another Sanger like it. The foot pedal mount, and pulleys all have the SANGER name cast into them. The bow was filled with foam and bulkhead sealed off. The boat rides on a Competitive trailerm which the title says is a 1975 model.
    History: The boat was reported to have been built for Dennis Cale (I don't think that's how it's spelt). Dennis was killed in a boating accident and the boat was stored by Sanger for several years. It was later sold and changed hands a few times.
    Can anyone shed some light on this Sanger? When did Sanger start making bubbledecks? Thanks for any info!
    Alan

flattie
    My Sanger is a 74 runner bottom. I believe that is the first year they came out with the bubble deck. I have never seen one with a dash like that one

CircleJerk
    Bubble decks came out in 1973 as far as Harlan Orrin remembers. My Sanger circle was a 72 with a flat deck. Surely you dash board addition is strange and the floatation may put this boat within the racing rules of its day. However, motor is flywheel driven so I am guessing drag boat! Unless, of course all the hardware has been changed. Nice boat, is it yours? :rollside:

Flat Happy
    flattie, I didn't think bubbledecks came into being until the mid-70s either. As far as I can tell, that dash is factory. The previous owner had heard Sanger only build three hulls like this. Don't know if that's true or not.
    CircleJerk: Thanks for the complement! I just bought the boat this past Saturday . It's my first boat. Lenth is 19ft. Has a 454, Casale v-drive, and seating for 4. The boat originally was setup up for drag racing (the seating is not original). The previous owned installed an alternator that runs directly off the crankshaft at the balancer.
    The boat needs paint badly. I'm going to repaint it, have the floor refinished (without reapplying the black epoxy), and polish and clean everything up.

Squirtin Thunder
    Here this might help !!!!
    Jim

Jake W
    Thear was a pic in hot boat a while back of a sanger that had a dash like that I remember it because I thought it was weird that the gauges went down in a square like that.
    Jake

RaysonKid
    Bubble decks came out in 1973 as far as Harlan Orrin remembers. My Sanger circle was a 72 with a flat deck. Surely you dash board addition is strange and the floatation may put this boat within the racing rules of its day. However, motor is flywheel driven so I am guessing drag boat! Unless, of course all the hardware has been changed. Nice boat, is it yours? :rollside:
    Jerk,
    You must have been much to busy at Moses Lake.
    There was a 72 bubbledeck in front of you most the weekend.
    Sanger built both the flat deck and the bubble deck in 1972.

daddy b
    yep, looks like a 71 to me, I have a 70. These were interesting years... cool, nice boat, roundy but not bubbly. Daddy b

coolchange
    If its really 19' then its the ski flat. Kinda rare. Longer in the cockpit. Sanger used to put ID #s on the inside of the transom. Dont know when they stopped. The # 1170 would designate the eleventh boat made in 1970.

amy jo ross
    That rearend looks like my 77, but the dash is a little different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast