http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...8134_3407a.jpg
Do any of you Sanger experts know anything about this type of Sanger hull? It's a bubbledeck flatbottom. The bottom has slight concaves on the sides and flat in the middle. It's got a Speed Coat on the bottom as well. I'm not sure on the year as the title says 1971 Sanger. The previous owner advertised it as 1974 Sanger, insurance papers from the past show 1975 Sanger and 1976 Sanger. So I don't know the exact year. I believe the boat has been repainted and it has no VIN #s on the rear of the hull. The floor was coated with a black epoxy or some sort by Sanger, so I can't see any numbers on the inside of the stringer. Look at that dash! I've never seen another Sanger like it. The foot pedal mount, and pulleys all have the SANGER name cast into them. The bow was filled with foam and bulkhead sealed off. The boat rides on a Competitive trailerm which the title says is a 1975 model.
History: The boat was reported to have been built for Dennis Cale (I don't think that's how it's spelt). Dennis was killed in a boating accident and the boat was stored by Sanger for several years. It was later sold and changed hands a few times.
Can anyone shed some light on this Sanger? When did Sanger start making bubbledecks? Thanks for any info!
Alan