Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Timing

spectras only
    No ,the rotor is NOT pointing at #1 cyl.BBC does point at #1 cyl.When you looking at the harmonic balancer ,it should be at TDC, rotor pointing to your rigth at 2 o'clock direction #1 cyl is at your left on compression with both valves closed.

gmocnik
    Originally posted by spectras only:
    Hi Gmocnik,is that your boat in the Oct.Hot Boat? You can see mine in the Shop Tour section [21 Spectra].I envy you guys down south for being able to use your open boats all year round.
    that is my brothers boat...mine is a 21' hallett closed deck day cruiser that has been completly restored....it will be in hot boat next month...

spectras only
    Hey Jeroos,I just reread your original letter and realized that you have a carb out of the box.The first things we do is to remove the bronze filter from the fuel bowl inlet.This little thing caused a lot of trouble in the past if you have contamination in your gastank.The filter gets clogged up pretty fast and causing fuel delivery problem past 4000RPM.You don't need this item hence there is another filter in the fuel line in all performance boats I've seen.There's another filter housed in your mechanical fuel pump,unless you have that changed to an electrical one.Chek that for water contamination as well.

jroos
    WOW, I didn`t even think of that. No shit. I am running an electric pump because Lunati didn`t grind the fuel pump lobe in the cam. I have already taken the filter out of the holley. It was on my Monza for about 4 hours. I did have a lot of water in my tanks. I am willing to bet that the bowls are full. Even though I have a water seperator.

jroos
    Thasnks Spectra!

jroos
    Still haven`t fixed vacuum leaks.Wiring is correct. No intake leaks. After work boat show I will have room in my shop to mess with it. Dec. 5-7 in the Convention Center here in New Orleans. Thanks for all the help! How do we post a pic on this site?

jroos
    YEAH!

Although I didn't read every word of every post, it looks like you've checked most of the obvious. If you haven't checked the secondary of the coil you may want to. A buddy of mine (myself too for that matter) run 460s in our boats. My buddy's had a terrible miss when he first purchased it. The problem would occur above 3800 RPM. Ran just fine under 3800. We changed the coil and it runs like a champ now. If this has already been covered my apologies for the repeat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast