SVO 540,
I calculated slip to alittle lessthan 11%. No I dont have a innercooler yet.
I was told not to run more than 5lbs with compression I have on pump gas.
Plummed fuel system with .5 inch line from tanks to regulator.
I started off with Mercury ignition system, just changed module,I got the module from an old Hot Boat article Jay Steele did. WRONG PART NUMBER.Was supposed to be V-6 module with if memory serves me right has 12 deg. advance,Igot aV-8 module that had 22 deg. advance.I used the V-8 module and ran 32deg. total. This year Iswitched to M.S.D. ,my father machined me a new advance stop bushing so I set base timing at 18 deg. and run total at 30 deg.If Iwould have correct merc. module Iwould just have used MSD box and Rev limiter,MSD distributer gets alot of moiture in it and I got the marine version.
The carbs were 800 cfm from the HP 500 sent to Dean Nickerson . He machined off choke towers and reworked them.I dont know exactly what that means,I do know they are now rated at 920 cfm 6.5 power valve in primary meter block only. Primary jet are 80 secondary are 88, carbs are not boost referenced.
This winter Im changing heads and cam. Im putting on a set of Dart Pro 1 that have alot of porting work done and the chambers have been opened up.Also changing cam to one with more lift and duration .