Thread: New power

http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...89HPIM0322.JPG
    Gave the 16' Cheetah a dose of power. Took out the Olds and put in a BBC.

Lookin really good fleet. How did the swap go down? Any problems/pitfalls you didn't anticipate? Any idea on the cost of all the necessities?
    You see guys that are wanting to do this and I thought maybe you could help em out with some info. Ya know, kinda let em know what to expect.
    I'll be very curious as to how she runs after the changeover. What kind of horsepower does the BBC have?

Jake W
    Looks nice I like the way the short strights look.
    Jake

The actual swap wasn't too bad. I had already bought the plates. It took quite a bit of time getting the engine set. Had to do some machining on the plates. I bought the engine complete less carbs. The HP is somewhere around 600. The cam sheet couldn't be found. It is a 468 with comp solid roller and stud girdles. Merlin 345 heads with the block studded.
    It defimitely over powers the pump from a start. I have a 6000rpm chip and it is on it immediately!!!! Time for pump work this winter.
    Going to the lake for the weekend. Time for a little tuning, fun and relaxation. Might surprise a few v-drives :rollside:

MikeF
    A little more huevos in the boat now! Kinda like the satin finish on the pump. Stay safe!

BigBoyToys
    The actual swap wasn't too bad. I had already bought the plates. It took quite a bit of time getting the engine set. Had to do some machining on the plates. I bought the engine complete less carbs. The HP is somewhere around 600. The cam sheet couldn't be found. It is a 468 with comp solid roller and stud girdles. Merlin 345 heads with the block studded.
    It defimitely over powers the pump from a start. I have a 6000rpm chip and it is on it immediately!!!! Time for pump work this winter.
    Going to the lake for the weekend. Time for a little tuning, fun and relaxation. Might surprise a few v-drives :rollside:
    Nice Motor!!! :supp: Glad to see it running good for ya Tim. I'm not surprised about it over-powering the pump....But I bet your pump is doing alot better with the motor than mine was.
    Best of luck with it and I hope that ya get years of enjoyment out of the motor.

BigBoyToys
    Still curious about the numbers though. I know you're running faster and quicker, but do ya have any idea of what kinda numbers you're running now?
    I just listed my boat on Ebay and if it doesn't sell, I'll build this other motor I have but go much more milder than the previous motor