Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best battery set up?

MAINEVENT
    I am planning on running 4 amps (one for the 12's and 3 for highs and mids roughly 4 to 6k watts) How many Batts will i nead?? :idea: I also heard of peeps insatlling Golf Cart batteries is better or worse plus will it be ok in a boat :idea:
    TIA

don johnson
    personally I would go with a pc1200 for the motor and a pc1700 for the system just my experence with the batteries let me know if ya need a deal :rollside:
    Does Odyssey make batteries that will fit in a standard battery hold down?
    I need 4 new batteries. Currently have Interstate and they lasted 2 years. They will not support the stereo at high volumes for any longer then 20 minutes.

mbrown2
    Folks make Billet hold downs for the Odyssey... try www.odysseybatteries.com...or send EVO22 a PM...

Tom Brown
    Up here, Walmart just picked the Optima brand. They sell them about 30% cheaper than anywhere else in town.

phebus
    Wow, I am going to have to check down here in So. Cal. I don't know if they will be able to beat Costco, but it's worth checking.

Evo22
    hey don what batteries do u have now???? and what boxes/hold down's I will tell ya what will fit

RiverDave
    I have sick ass battery boxes for the standard interstates.. Most of them are out for Polish/powder coating right now.. I'll put some pictures of some raw ones up later today.
    I also have some pretty trick battery boxes for Optimas Blue Top, Yellow Top/Red Top etc..
    I'm going to start production on the odyssey battery boxes this week. If anyone wants a set for the 1700's or "other" model let me know. I can get them done in about a week, and I'll throw the name of your boat on them for free.
    RD

phebus
    Dave, is there any pictures posted of the Optima boxes anywhere?

mbrown2
    I have sick ass battery boxes for the standard interstates.. Most of them are out for Polish/powder coating right now.. I'll put some pictures of some raw ones up later today.
    I also have some pretty trick battery boxes for Optimas Blue Top, Yellow Top/Red Top etc..
    I'm going to start production on the odyssey battery boxes this week. If anyone wants a set for the 1700's or "other" model let me know. I can get them done in about a week, and I'll throw the name of your boat on them for free.
    RD
    I might be interested in the Odyssey boxes...do you have pics...currently I have 2 1200's in the DCB, 1 1200 in the Bu, and 2 1700's in the Bu...I have the stock the Billet hold downs now...just wondering what yours will look like?

RiverDave
    Dave, is there any pictures posted of the Optima boxes anywhere?
    Sorry bro, got side tracked... LOL let me go take some right now and upload them.
    RD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast