Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is the best battery set up?

BADBLOWN572
    Just FYI, I installed a pair of Dave's new Optima battery boxes into his Nordic this past weekend and let me tell you they are sweet!!! Very easy to install and super strong. I was really impressed how strong they are. The whole change out (including removing the old batteries and boxes) took about 15 minutes. If you are going to be going with Optimas in the future I would definitely use these boxes.

jbtrailerjim
    Are Odyssey batteries that much better than Optima? I'm going to be upgrading my batteries this winter for my stereo. Is there that much price difference between the two?
    RD,
    Those hold downs are sweet!! Is it $110 whether it's polished or powder coated? I'll be lookin you up soon for a set of those.

Evo22
    Are Odyssey batteries that much better than Optima? I'm going to be upgrading my batteries this winter for my stereo. Is there that much price difference between the two?
    RD,
    Those hold downs are sweet!! Is it $110 whether it's polished or powder coated? I'll be lookin you up soon for a set of those.
    Yes they ...we use them quite abit and have had no problems as of yet PM if you want a deal on them.... ask Mbrown what he thinks of them

Evo22
    hey river dave PM with the details on the boxes for the oddesy's and a way to contact you I got a couple of qusetions for ya
    Thanks,
    Brian Bennett

RiverDave
    I sent you a PM with contact information and some pics of other batt boxes I'm doing.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    RD,
    jbtrailerjim, that's just my little introductory price to my ***boat friends. These things are actually going to be sold through a dealer network, so I'm sure the price will probably go up a little bit (not much, but a little) when the dealers get ahold of them. I just happened to have 10 polished ones coming back from processing on monday so I figured I'd see if anybody wants them, while I'm working out the details with a couple of dealers and getting my website up etc.. But to answer your question, the pricing for powder coating vs polishing in production will be the same as far as these are concerned.
    RD

Evo22
    yea I got the PM thanks, the stuff looks great I will call ya today

BadBahner
    I sent you a PM with contact information and some pics of other batt boxes I'm doing.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    jbtrailerjim, that's just my little introductory price to my ***boat friends. These things are actually going to be sold through a dealer network, so I'm sure the price will probably go up a little bit (not much, but a little) when the dealers get ahold of them. I just happened to have 10 polished ones coming back from processing on monday so I figured I'd see if anybody wants them, while I'm working out the details with a couple of dealers and getting my website up etc.. But to answer your question, the pricing for powder coating vs polishing in production will be the same as far as these are concerned.
    RD
    Can these boxes be mounted to the side of a stringer with no support underneath?
    Eric

RiverDave
    With a little bracket they could pretty easily. They are stout enough that they woudn't bend if you just held them on one side.
    RD

beyondhelpin
    I wont get into the debate about which are the best batteries cause I dont know. But I do run 3 Interstate 2700 batteries in mine and can run my 1200 watt sub amp and a 150 watt rms 4 channel all day at some pretty good volume for 8 hours plus with out any noticeable loss of volume or sound quality.
    The best thing you can do is to have a good onboard battery charger. There is no way your alternator can keep the charge to 100%. Especially if a lot of your time is spent in a cove or tied up. Less than 100% charge after some serious play time will equal new batteries every year! I know I have bought enough of them. When I pull the boat out I hook up the charger and I am good to go the next day.
    I have seen a chart that shows discharge verse charge rate as it applies to battery life and it will surprise you. I wish I knew where I seen it and I would link it but I cant remember. Sorry.
    In case anyone wasn't listining................Very important.............Get a good onboard charger! Dont make me repeat my self again!!!

RiverDave
    O.K. I will be the one to ask......How much? Please either post or PM me with the price on the boxes for the blue top Optima's.
    Thanks
    Phebus I got a bunch of polished ones back a few days ago..
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...d/DSC00001.JPG
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...d/DSC00002.JPG
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...d/DSC00004.JPG
    I really want to find somebody that's looking to run 2 banks of 2 so I can built a single base dual top thing kinda like this..
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...d/DSC00003.JPG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234