Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Impeller question?

HBjet
    I seem to recall HBjet mentioning an unblown jet from the left coast qualifying #1 in 6 sec class against blown jets and hydros(props!) back east. Sounds like somebody is working on it. BTW, no leaky jet here!
    FYI, that boat is a California Performance Tunnel, Engine built by DNE and pump built by MPD. Qualified #1, no blower, no NOS. Every other boat in that class was blown.
    HBjet

Dimarco Kid
    I usually wouldn't say this, but it's appropiate.
    Check out Chet's profile, would you guys listen to "Pro Tips" from a fu**in vending machine repairman! Vending repair/engine builder, kinda like whip cream and shit. If a Snickers get stuck, THEN call Chet. Don't worry Chet, everyone has there own niche. Yours just happens to be pretty funny. Do you have a fancy uniform? That would be cool!
    Love D Kid

HBjet
    That is pretty funny. I wonder if he has one of those special keys to start his boat too.
    HBjet
    (Chet at work: Hey, I need that dollar bill accepter repaired and a valve job on those merlin heads done by tomorrow)

Dimarco Kid
    Hope he dosn't mistake pushrods as a package of Twizzlers. That will really bung the vending machine up! I wonder what would piss him off more, being spanked by a Berkeley Jet Pump boat or the new $1 coin a smart ass kid jammed in the Coke machine!
    D Kid
    [This message has been edited by Dimarco Kid (edited December 04, 2001).]

Unchained
    Gee Dimarko, That was a low blow on Chet, I don't know him from Adam but when you start down the road of insulting some ones job that's low. One of the good things about this board is everyone is equalized somewhat and normal social bullshit doesn't apply, or shouldn't apply.

Dimarco Kid
    Your right,
    But I actually had no problem with Chet, then bang, I'm a guys who wastes other peoples time. I did go low, probably shouldn't, but at least I'm on level ground with Chet.
    D Kid
    P.S. When you do know him from Adam, you'll understand. BUT, still I'm outta line, but I'm leaving it up there.
    [This message has been edited by Dimarco Kid (edited December 04, 2001).]

Dimarco Kid
    I'll have to admit that's funny!!!!!
    D Kid

AGGRESSOR JETS
    For the Record:
    Aluminium Impellers HeatTreated to T6-Has a Tensile of 23,000(K)PSI and a Yeild of 12,000(K)psi-Aggressors Impellers will not stand up under this Alloy formula (We tried and got hurt)
    Tenzaloy has a higher yeild rate by some 30+ percent.(35K Tensile & 22-25K Yeild)in a T5 state. Aggressor impellers start with this as our Alum.Impeller. When tried in the 356-T6 (Our Impellers exploded 3" in and 5"across due to the attack angle & load of our impeller. You can see this by laying our Impeller on the ground face up with any other Impeller produced. Our vains our full faced starting at the very front, vain angle is completly different and Volumn column is much larger, Thrust or paddle is much more aggressive & water goes for a longer ride in Aggressors Impeller.
    The result Aggressor "A" is any others "AA" -Case & Point- This year our "AA" was put in a Top Fuel Jet ran 156mph & could only pull 7600 rpms not the 8500 wanted. Most any Blown Gas Boat that runs our Impeller will tell you "it is 8-10 MPH.
    It is these examples that caused us to change, modify and create newer alloys to match stress loads.
    Tensile (psi) Yeild (psi)
    Tensile 356 T6Alum. 23K 12K
    Tenzaloy Mag Alum.T5 32-35K 22K
    Bronze 30-35K 14-20K
    MagBronze(Aggressor) 90-110K 60-62K
    Stainless Steel 400 85-95K 55-62K
    S/S17-4H1100(Aggressor)122-135K 70K
    Our Mag Bronze has been ran on many Drag Boats over 140MPH and several years duration-It is a new standard @ 1/2 the cost of S/Steel- Hope this helps -Dave @ Aggressor

Fast_1
    I took this post out. You all seem to know everything, So my post does you know good ...Sorry for the boring post.
    I put my money on AGGRESSOR sorry thats just my .02 cents.
    [This message has been edited by Fast_1 (edited December 07, 2001).]