Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeller question?

jacuzer
    Chet
    I'm pretty sure MPD can get you a bronze imp. if you really want one. NO DONUTS FOR YOU!!!

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ghighway:
    [B] HEY CHET!!!!! Until your name is behind some of the quickest jets and record holders like the people you keep talking down you should just shut the f*#k up! Having an opnion or making a suggestion is one thing but your just an obnoxious asshole. It doesn't matter what name you post under your stink just comes through. Why don't you take that D#*k out of your ass I think your about a quart over filled!
    Ok ghighway,
    I think i remember you the last time you confused me with someone else, namely mr. slowboat. Sorry pal, wrong dude, my name is chet incase you forgot, SO GET IT RIGHT OK PAL! I'm in the east and i think he's some where midwest...let me guess where you are, Southern CA maybe??? DOH!
    As far as people that i talk down, cheerleaders like you maybe. As far as somebody IMPORTANT....hmmmm.... who might that be?? I'm a listin!
    I just love premadonna's like you who come on here with nothing substantial to say but to be a cheerleader. Day in...Day out...over and over and over and over again. Are you hbjets brother or something?? Guess it's a crime here if i dont fit into the cheerleader mold..i like to know what's going on in my engine/pump combo so for the most part, i do it myself. That's why i look for INFORMATION on these boards like i've mentioned before. By the looks of things around here though...it's slim pickin AS USUAL.
    As for me being an obnoxious a$$hole,better look in the mirror pal. What kind of boat are you running you said?? Again, i'm all ears. Maybe you have it tucked under the coffee machine??
    Chet

rivercrazy
    If someone has used a shop that has given them the service they expect and performance gains that met their goals, why would they not refer business? If it works and the shop is reputable and locally known for being one of the best, what's the problem? Why are you knocking a shop that is well regarded in So-Cal? That is what this board is all about, isn't it? No one is knocking the shop you use or you for what parts or assemblies you use. You obviously are happy right?
    By the way, its nice to have you back Chet.

HBjet
    Chet, you will not quit. You say you come here for information, to help you out, but when someone posts something that you don't agree with, they must be from Socal, and they must be a cheerleader, right?
    I'll break this down for you guys, and if I'm wrong, please let me know.
    up to 600hp, use an aluminum impeller
    600 - 800hp, use a bronze impeller
    800 and up, use a stainless steel impeller.
    If's funny Chet how you came in here only to bash a few people, but you are really helping out another boater right? I see you offered your advice as well, but not without talking $hit.
    Chet, you said there is nothing wrong with a deal, I totally agree, but when you are building a 900-1000hp motor, to put into a brand new boat, I would think you would want the best, and to do it right the first time. That's just my opinion. For the record, my pump was worked on just over a year ago. I have not had any other work done to it since then, and it still runs perfect. I don't get a kick-down from the plugs, I don't need to, I'm happy paying who ever I have work on the boat because I know I'm getting my moneys worth.
    Chet, you said you are going to run an aluminum in your close to 700hp motor once you have it dialed in. Thats great! Lets us know how it turns out for you. Also, will you have dyno slips to prove the hp? You also said that a bronze impeller is good to at least 1500hp. DUDE! If you honestly think a bronze will hold up to 1500hp (because you did the research and field testing, oh, lets not forget the most important test that CRD does, that is set one by another on the floor, and stare at them for hours and hours) Anyway, if you think a bronze will hold up to "At Least" 1500hp, then why the HELL would anyone ever buy a stainless? Why is it jet boaters with 900hp+ motors are running stainless? Most boats you see are running an aluminum or stainless, because bronze is too heavy for lower then 600hp motors to turn, and isn't strong enough for 800hp+ motors to turn. But you know what, your right Chet. If you had a doller for every boat runing a stainless impeller in a motor 800hp-1500hp, you would be a rich man.
    I have an idea for you Chet, this will not only make you the savior once again in the boating industry, but also rich. Here's the Drill. You find and meet every jet boater who is running a stainless with there 800-1500hp motor, use your charm to warm them over to listen to you and your money saving plan. You sell them the idea that you know is the truth, and works, and is proven. Once they are convinced that the shop who ever did there pump work screwed them over for money, and sold them an impeller that is mainly used for motors 1500hp and above, your going to help them out and sell them a bronze impeller, mark up the price 50 bucks, and your fifty bucks richer. Now, I know thats not a lot of money at the moment, but look at the big picture Chet. If you did this for every jet boater who is running a stainless when they could be running a bronze, you would never have to work a day in your life, and maybe, just maybe you could get your boat fixed, motor dialed in, and actually see how much you really know. Let me guess Chet, the cavatation reducer is only good with motors that produce 2000hp and more, right? Us west coasters are doing it all wrong. Funny how a west coast pump boat not blown, and no nitrous was the #1 qualifier in a 6 sec class against blown jets and hydros back east. Must be the donut power....Keep up the good work Chet, maybe someday you can get your own sitcom so we all could watch and laugh together.
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited November 17, 2001).]

froggystyle
    Racingrascal.
    I now have some amplifying information.
    A) No question as to whether you need to run a stainless or not. You stand to do damage to your pump and housing. Bronze will mushroom like it it's job with your horsepower. Aluminum doesn't stand a chance.
    B) It is not the power handling capabilities of the impeller that are truly in question. It is the load of "Airing out" the pump and then re-loading it immediately. In a boat like mine, it is unlikely, but in a boat like yours it is all but pre-determined. Once you skip the boat and tach out, you will forcefully load it upon re-entry and trash the impeller.
    C) Based on the preliminary dyno figures of your motor (810 ft lbs at 5600, 945 hp at 6800) you will be better off with an "A" impeller.
    Concensus around the campfire, and two conference calls... "A" stainless Berkeley.

racingrascal
    First off Froggy, I already know I am putting an "A" impeller in it. Your boss told me that is what I need. Did you really make two phone calls, come on? Those dyno numbers are not even mine, those are some numbers that Froggy got off of some sheet of paper from BRE. When they do dyno my motor I will be the first one to let everybody know what the real numbers are. Berkley impellers from what I have been told are not the best in the industry out of the box. I have been told that Legends are the best out of the box. Froggy I know you think that Berkley is the best becuase that is what you have, but it isn't from what I have been told. I thank everybody for their help with this, here is a good reason of why I am on here to learn and get questions answered. Thanks again for the help guys.
    Andy

ChetCapoli
    WOWEE! Man..i got a whole lotta reading to do here boy...whew!HBJET, i missed ya bud!
    hey rivercrazy,
    Thanks, it's good to be back(i think). BTW, where in my posts am i knocking a SoCal shop??? When have i ever?? Nowhere i can see...now knocking cheerleaders...SIR I AM GUILTY AS CHARGED!
    HBJET,
    wow my friend..you can write let me tell ya...i really dont know where to start...i'll have to get back to ya on this for sure. One thing though...where does it say a bronze impeller is only good to 800hp??? You better tell the folks at brand X they dont know what they are talking about then! I have run my aluminum brand X impeller with my 522 chev for 2 seasons now without even a pit or scratch. FACT! That's right out of the box. As far as close to 700hp..i'm going to dyno it in the next few months but you can do the math ok...522chev with dart 320's, 10:1, 680lift:272dur@50 roller with flowed HP950cfm carb making it's best power at 6 to 6400rpms. I'm listening? Boat bottoms are a real B!T$H by the way, it's looking good though!
    Hey racingrascal,
    why not call a few more shops(not in CA) while your at it and get a REAL consensus(not just a SoCal one) a nationwide one...what do ya think?
    Chet

racingrascal
    Chet I feel if John West (Owner of Ultra Boats) that builds a couple of hundered jet boats a year says I need a "a" SS then he must know what he is talking about and Jack at MPD (building full drag race pumps for 26 years) says I need a "a" ss then that would to me would be the two most knowledgeable people in the industry. You guys might like to run broze in the mid west or east coast but here on the west coast we like to go big and do it right the first time. You may have a farmer that is helping set your boat up, and that is great. But for me I am going with ss, at this stage of the game what's a couple of hundred bucks. I thought bronze was for baby shoes? Still wearing yours? Let us know what your 522 dynos, maybe we have something to learn here on the west coast......nah I dought it but let us know anyway.
    Andy

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by racingrascal:
    [B]Chet I feel if John West (Owner of Ultra Boats) that builds a couple of hundered jet boats a year says I need a "a" SS then he must know what he is talking about and Jack at MPD (building full drag race pumps for 26 years) says I need a "a" ss then that would to me would be the two most knowledgeable people in the industry. You guys might like to run broze in the mid west or east coast but here on the west coast we like to go big and do it right the first time. You may have a farmer that is helping set your boat up, and that is great. But for me I am going with ss, at this stage of the game what's a couple of hundred bucks. I thought bronze was for baby shoes? Still wearing yours? Let us know what your 522 dynos, maybe we have something to learn here on the west coast......nah I dought it but let us know anyway.
    Hey RR,
    Listen my friend, I love how you have to get sarcastic with me after i was just trying to offer you another suggestion by maybe looking into bronze. NOBODY else really seemed to did they? Did i get sarcastic with you? no.
    Bronze is for baby shoes?? HAHA!(It's for farmers!) Are you for real?? Your the one crying about price so why bust my chops for offering a little help? If you have the money(which you obviously do) quit second guessin and reach in your pocket then and BUY IT!
    Even your own called you a cheap skank. Why would you come on here if you talked to the "two most knowledgeable people in the industry"??? I dont get it? Seems to me you are questioning their logic...Even i dont do that. Dont say i do either!
    Even someone on the other board mentioned they put 800hp to an aluminum and it held up pretty good for the most part..is he a farmer??? There was also another guy who i recall(quote me if i'm wrong here) with turbocharged 1000hp BB on the old message board running a mag bronze impeller in the low 6000rpm area. DID YOU KNOW THAT? DOH! What's was he thinkin? Ah must be a farmer...
    Why not call farmer don pump or farmer hi-tech and ask them what they think about bronze?? They been at the game for 30 years...(2 most knowledgeble "farmers" in the industry) i bet you didnt know that either. I even saw dons BFG at a race about 10 years ago and guess what the impeller was?? (Could have been a SS with bronze speedcoat color i didnt think of that).
    Anyways, I didnt get my shippment of corn off to the corner store yet so i cant afford the call. Enlighten me please if you do call and get some new INFORMATION from these "farmers".
    Chet

ULTRA28
    Way too much hostility in here. I thought these forums were for everyone to give advice and either take it or leave it. I in no way think I'm the guru of jets (I believe that to be Jack at MPD), but I do speak from expereince when I say that we mushroomed an Aggressor bronze impellar with about 1000hp doing a 130 mph pass. It tore up the pump pretty good. That is why I suggested to RR the stainless. His boat started out as an 85 to 90 mph 600hp setup and has evolved into something closer to (if not over) 1000hp, we don't know yet because we haven't seen the dyno sheets, they should've dynoed it on Friday. I think both Chet and HBjet are entitled to there opinion and people shouldn't get so worked up. As for cheerleaders Chet, I would have to say ( and you shouldn't be offended by this, but it's a fact) that you are the biggest cheerleader in here. There is nothing wrong with that, you're happy with aggressor and that's great, I'm sure they're not giving you anything for your posts, but you do it because you like the product. Just as I know Jack at MPD doesn't give anybody anything either, he just has an extremely happy following, one of which is me. I can easily say that I believe Jack to be the most knowledgable person on the planet when it comes to jets.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast