Thread: Impeller question?

custom-cruiser
    Bravo...Ultra28....Nuff said..... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

racingrascal
    Well said Ultra28.
    Andy

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ULTRA28:
    I can easily say that I believe Jack to be the most knowledgable person on the planet when it comes to jets.
    We've been thru this before mr ultra28 so i'll spare you the rhetoric. I must say though sir that you are in fact being a little narrow minded and to be frank, a little nieve for a guy of your stature to say something like that with the likes of don's pump(inducer) and hitech perf (jetaway) out there in the jet community dont you think?? These are ingenious inventions to say the least. Have you ever worked/talked with them? Just my opinion, but a man of your stature is leaving something on the table if you say no.
    I'm a cheerleader for a well rounded education to learn what there is to know about getting the most out of my boat.... not just "take it to one place and consider it done" over and over again. Aggressor has nothing to do with it really. I like them only because R&D is where it's at and they are the only ones really doing it. You of all people should know that staying at the cutting edge is the name of the game, right?
    take care
    Chet

1quickjet
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    .... not just "take it to one place and consider it done" over and over again.
    To take your boat to a shop and "consider it done" may be the easy way out, but at least you know you will be happy with the results. These guys are firm believers in Jack as I am with my shop. I trust my pump guy because he has "been there done that" with all boats and different manufacturers. What really made me a believer was the magic he performed on my pump, the work could be considered mild by the cost and parts you guys are talking, but the results were drastic. What, besides results, that keeps me coming back is a great attitude, lots of time spent with his customers, a great reputation and he is just as passionate about boats as I am. The exact same reasons Ultra28 has plenty of "cheerleaders." I don't get kick-downs to recommend his shop, I am just looking out for fellow hot-boaters who are looking for a great shop, most importantly great results. If I can point someone his way to be as satisfied as I have been, then call me a "cheerleader." He is as "cutting edge" as it gets and I will continue to trust his judgements with all of my future boats "over and over again."

HBjet
    Well said John!
    Now, we all know how Chet loves his Aggressor, and swears they are the best, in pretty much every setup. Well, I was looking through some older HB mags, and found the following question in the Jet Tech section. Can any of you guess who sent it in?
    http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/chet1.jpg
    http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/chet2.jpg
    As I have even stated before (as well as many others) in other topics concerning what pump is better, it all depends on your setup, no one pump is superior to the rest. Now, Chet still argued, even though one of his jet guru favorites told him the very same thing most of us already did.
    Quote: "It has been my experience that proper hardware selection, bottom design and a good, tight pump make all of these pumps look good in performance boating applications."
    Now Chet, for your information, the cavitation reducer, this is nothing new, it isn't something that was invented at Don's Pump Service. They simply applied the concept to the jet design and it works. As it says on their website "A Revolutionary Advancement in Marine Jet Drives" Advancement, not Invention. Whats funny is you call it an inducer, and what is even funnier is that your right, just out of the box the cavitation reducer can "Induce" cavitation rather then reduce in certain applications. From what I've been told some modifications need to be made to it for it to actually work properly. Speaking of modifications, your amazing Aggressor products, you know, the ones that you like because of all the R&D they do, and as you said they are the only ones really doing it. Well, here is another quote from GS to you, which I guess you must of missed, so I'll type it out for you.
    Quote: "Then along comes Aggressor, who comes up with nine-and 11-vein bowls. Its impeller cuts are more aggressive in terms of hook-up, but modifications have to be made to the hardware and impeller sizes for optimal speed to be achieved."
    Looks like Aggressor needs to spend a little more time in the R&D department don't you think?
    Well Chet, you crack me up! Thanks for the laughs, I've enjoyed them as much as everyone else...
    HBjet

HBjet
    Oh, the Hot Boat mag which features Chets Jet Tech question is June 1999. Ironically, there is an Ultra on the cover...
    HBjet

RiverDave2
    HBJet, you kill me bro... I'm dying to know how you dug that up!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    RD

Hustler
    RD, he's a serious TWEEKER. LOL
    Hustler

MissHBjet
    ***boat Mag is Randys bible, and he studies his bible every night before he goes to bed like a good boy.
    MissHBjet

Eric
    http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/cL/qt/Q4/8Z13709.jpg
    [This message has been edited by Eric (edited November 19, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Eric (edited November 19, 2001).]

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast