Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technology

Charley
    It's just crazy... I'm sitting in "It's a Grind" posting this via wireless....
    Whats next?? anyone have any intel on new technology, gadgets coming out..etc...???

mbrown2
    Wait for devices that support EVDO or other Broadband wireless deriviatives....Posting from your black/blue berry or smart phone will almost feel like from your computer at home...
    Unfortunately the US is behind in Wireless speed compared to the Southeast Asia communities...wireless gaming is the number 1 bandwidth consumer there..

Havasubum
    It's just crazy... I'm sitting in "It's a Grind" posting this via wireless....
    Whats next?? anyone have any intel on new technology, gadgets coming out..etc...???
    which "ITS A GRIND" were you at?

Mrs. Restless22
    Sorry to go off topic...but isnt It's A Grind coffee so much better then Starbucks? I just love that place!

LAVEYSABRE575
    charley go to the sema show next month 2nd thru the 5th they have tons of tech. stuff there plus a little marine section..derek

ROZ

andy01
    Mrs. RR was telling me about a deal in Japan I think it was........ were you pay for everything with your cell phone. Food, gas, anything. You just put your phone up to it like a card and it's paid.
    Sabre575 you going to SEMA?
    Andy

mbrown2
    Go to CES...at the beginning of the year in Vegas...they have some cool gadgets there..
    As for trends...
    Their will be a push for Mobile TV and Video over 3G Wireless..either through some new technologies in Cellular (HSDPA), or DVB-T, DVB-H or satellite TV? ...This would mean Sat or TV to your car or mobile phone without clunky attenae....obviously a ways off, but a possibility....However battery technology would need to catch up to make it worthwhile in the truly mobile space...
    It will also not be too long where the built in camera phones will have the same capabilities of the highest res digi cams of today..

mbrown2
    Mrs. RR was telling me about a deal in Japan I think it was........ were you pay for everything with your cell phone. Food, gas, anything. You just put your phone up to it like a card and it's paid.
    Sabre575 you going to SEMA?
    Andy
    That is a technology called Paypass....it is being beta'd by Mastercard..
    They use Near Field Communications (NFC) to transmit PayPass information to contactless readers at points of sale, allowing folks to pay by waving their phones by the reader built in the Point of Sale equip.
    This technology is not new to Korea and Japan but with this an other initiatives will start to gain ground in the states.

Charley
    which "ITS A GRIND" were you at?
    Cypress .... Off Valley View and Lincoln ... 5 mornings a week...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast