Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Question

YUDRULIN
    I have a 22' Daytona with a Mercruiser small block in it and want to change over to a big block, Do any of my marine parts work on that change up or do I have to get all new stuff? What exactly will I have to get to make that transfer? Thanks.

YUDRULIN
    Also if anyone has any of these parts let me know I might be interested in purchasing them!

mike37
    your best bet is to get a complete engine and drive and swap them out
    your old drive wont hang to well with the big block
    so go buy a new boat wiht the power you want

Moneypitt
    Hey, why not an old boat, and do it ALL yourself. You'll wind up with a one of a kind piece that hauls the mail and for about 1/3rd the $ of a new boat. Step up, why would anyone want a boat when someone else can buy one just like it. And if you do it yourself, the engine up grades don't ever have to stop. Help support the high performance industries...............MP

75spectra
    I have a 22' Daytona with a small block and it hauls! It has merc's HP-377 Scorpion in it, 377 horse at the crank! Why do you want to change? The small block can be built to have just as much horspower as you want and weigh less. The big block will bolt up to your bell housing and motor mounts just fine but the exhaust will be a little harder. What kind of outdrive do you have?

Moneypitt
    you bet! SBCs will make outstanding power, are fairly cheap to build, and $ for$ are a great investment. The trick is to buy another SBC, build the sh*^ out of it, and keep the stocker to fall back on for reliabilty. All the accessories will fit, all the hardware is the same, and you get the best of both worlds.............MP

Cheap Thrills
    Hey, why not an old boat, and do it ALL yourself. You'll wind up with a one of a kind piece that hauls the mail and for about 1/3rd the $ of a new boat. Step up, why would anyone want a boat when someone else can buy one just like it. And if you do it yourself, the engine up grades don't ever have to stop. Help support the high performance industries...............MP
    thats the way I did mine it's one of a kind it hauls ass I dont have alot of $ tied up in it . of course it's not the prettiest boat at the gas dock but I wasn't after pretty It's all about the Cheap Thrills
    C.T. :wink:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t_rest-med.JPG

Infomaniac
    Also if anyone has any of these parts let me know I might be interested in purchasing them!
    I have been Drulin (LOL) to build a 454 small block. They are very reasonable. I would make an exceptional deal to the first person to step up and buy one. I could use the power data.
    Upgrade your exhaust and everything else should work well.

quiet riot
    Info, You might want to see if there is some interest for that small block in the jet boat racers world cause they got some cube limits for A class boats that I think is 460 or so and several guys are runnin the stroked sb's vrs heavier bb's. Aluminumsquirt and Jungle boy are more in the loop than me and probably know some takers for heavily abused sb's. Matter of fact I think Jungle boy was thinkin of runnin a 572 crate motor and changing to the unlimited class from A class for money reasons motor wise, he might even be interested for a descent build price sb. He's running a 434 sb now I think.
    jd

Cheap Thrills
    you bet! SBCs will make outstanding power, are fairly cheap to build, and $ for$ are a great investment. The trick is to buy another SBC, build the sh*^ out of it, and keep the stocker to fall back on for reliabilty. All the accessories will fit, all the hardware is the same, and you get the best of both worlds.............MP
    I agree SBCs are Absolutely the best bang for the buck !
    It's cheap and easy to obtain 400 Hp with a 350. and the sky is the limit.
    Big blocks are great too , but not only do they cost more to build but they weigh a hella lot more I would much rather have the SB for the Power~weight ratio. and the endless ammount of inexpensive go fast goodies .
    Good luck with your Project whatever you decde to do.
    Peace :chi:
    C.T. :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast