Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: hooky day

Robbie Racer
    jackpunx= Dons boat porpoised but it was also his first time driving it.
    Hp350's boat didnt cause it accelerated too fast to feel it.
    THe water was sticky flat. HAd to trim past the limits to avoid serious porpoise in my boat. And I know Robbie racer had to trim really high too.
    Racer
    Yeah, my boat really tries to porpoise bad on water that is that flat and sticky. I had to trim way out to get it to go away and it showed up in my 18% prop slip.

jackpunx
    Yeah, my boat really tries to porpoise bad on water that is that flat and sticky. I had to trim way out to get it to go away and it showed up in my 18% prop slip.
    I can generaly push through it.. but mine dosnt start till I hit 90 then it will bounce about up to 100.. for the most part.. it does not feel real safe :supp:

HP350SC
    [QUOTE=MOBrien]Glad you guys liked the pics. We all need proof that we were actually there and not at, well you know.... heheheh, JK. If anyone has any pics in particular that they'd like to have a copy of, just PM me with your request & home address...I'll fire some glossy prints to you. Kinda weird though, not one picture with HP350 in it. Was he really there or was that my imagination? Was he a ghost? HP, you got some 'splainin to do? :idea: How the hell can you go the entire day without being in any of the pics? You're like the Hooky Day Phantom.....even "No-shot" is in there, and his rig was broken all day.
    Yesssss the phantom. I was taking most of the pictures so I'm not in them. Guess I didn't take any pics. of my boat, but it's there in the background somewhere. I was looking at everybody else's stuff. Who's got the videos of Keith and Wayne?

Nor-Cal
    I can generaly push through it.. but mine dosnt start till I hit 90 then it will bounce about up to 100.. for the most part.. it does not feel real safe :supp:
    With what lower? reg. or shorty?

jackpunx
    With what lower? reg. or shorty?
    Both.. I haven’t got any really sticky water with the shorty yet.. but I’ve heard it will be a little worse w it.. I’m going back to my stock x and keeping the nose cone.. I'll see how that acts.. Right now it feels like my cone is trying to get on the surface.. so the back end lifts and the front gets real light.. kinda weird and very inconsistent. I’m not sure I’m willing to trade off the previous handling for a couple of MPH
    I wish they had some sort of Jackplate for I/O's

Nor-Cal
    Both.. I haven’t got any really sticky water with the shorty yet.. but I’ve heard it will be a little worse w it.. I’m going back to my stock x and keeping the nose cone.. I'll see how that acts.. Right now it feels like my cone is trying to get on the surface.. so the back end lifts and the front gets real light.. kinda weird and very inconsistent. I’m not sure I’m willing to trade off the previous handling for a couple of MPH
    I wish they had some sort of Jackplate for I/O's
    Loose is fast.. just ask Cole Trickle
    It's weird, with my outboard when the X is too low i can feel it trying to climb up on the gear case and ride.. One would think you would have had better luck with the shorty. Was it a 2"? What about trying a 3" (or would you have to change your upper) ?

jackpunx
    Loose is fast.. just ask Cole Trickle
    It's weird, with my outboard when the X is too low i can feel it trying to climb up on the gear case and ride.. One would think you would have had better luck with the shorty. Was it a 2"? What about trying a 3" (or would you have to change your upper) ?
    I might take it out again and see if I like it.. I lost my hole shot. and it does feel really squirly.. If I leave it.. it wont be as friendly as it was before..
    Its a 1" shorty

HP350SC
    My 1" shorty and sportmaster works excellent. Only time I get porpoise is if water is flat, and I mean glass. Prop blows out just a little as it rocks over onto plane. With the Max Machine Worx drive, I can hit it wide open and she hooks hard. If I go up on power, will start to ease into it. Winter improvements will be to fuel system and a labbed prop. Just finished re-working my POS throttle pedal assy.

Nor-Cal
    I might take it out again and see if I like it.. I lost my hole shot. and it does feel really squirly.. If I leave it.. it wont be as friendly as it was before..
    Its a 1" shorty
    What prop are you running? Bravo?

Robbie Racer
    The part of porpoising that really scares me is when I have already eliminated the 75 to 90 mph porpoise (by giving it a lot of out trim) and the boat is screaming along about 120+. Then I sometimes start bumping the trim back down a little to reduce prop slip and pick up more speed. IF I bump it down just a little too much, it will go back into a porpoise that gets pretty scary at that speed. :2purples:

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast