Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blower with PCV

Kindsvater Flat
    Anyone run them? Noticed a couple of ports in the carb adapter and it got me thinking.

Infomaniac
    The only time I tried it was years ago on a B&M blown small block in my Camaro.
    It would not idle down because it was drawing too much air through the PCV. Blowers draw pretty hard.
    It can be done but I have not tried since. Probably run the PCV to a port that is not in the adapter plate. Run it to a port above the throttle valves.

Kindsvater Flat
    Thanks Info. I was just wondering about it as an idea but sounds like there could be hassle doing it.

Infomaniac
    Maybe someone will chime in that had some success at it.
    Really not much need unless you are getting a lot of moisture in the valve covers.

bigkatboat
    If "blowers draw so hard" why did that JACK ASS say he had ZERO vacuum at WOT with 12 lbs of boost??? I'm not questioning you , but some of the people who GIVE ADVISE need to stop and think about where their "knowledge" came from. I am sorry for 'venting on you', but I get really angry when B. S. er's put up "FACTS" that are totally false. I know a few things and I come here to help out for NO COST. Others give advise (at no cost) and they are talking about things they know NOTHING ABOUT! Do that motor combination 10 times, then 20 times, it never is exactly the same but some things always ring true. I try to bring my 35 years of racing to this forum with no animosity towards those who are "just starting out". (fuc$ I had to learn?) I do hope you succeed at your own chosen field. But for those of you who need help, please read "between the lines", 'cause you will find truth and you will fine "fiction", that only seems to work for the 'guy who has "this boat", !!! You will NEVER see 'this boat' on the water (for many reasons) but they all get down to the fact that, the "combination" does not run, nor last. If I am bringing "DRAMA" to this forum, I am not unhappy. This forum has been a "ASS KISSING PARTY" for a long time and without any just cause! Don't praise the 'mentor', do your own deal and be happy! Happy that you too now know how it works!!!

Kindsvater Flat
    If "blowers draw so hard" why did that JACK ASS say he had ZERO vacuum at WOT with 12 lbs of boost??? I'm not questioning you , but some of the people who GIVE ADVISE need to stop and think about where their "knowledge" came from. I am sorry for 'venting on you', but I get really angry when B. S. er's put up "FACTS" that are totally false. I know a few things and I come here to help out for NO COST. Others give advise (at no cost) and they are talking about things they know NOTHING ABOUT! Do that motor combination 10 times, then 20 times, it never is exactly the same but some things always ring true. I try to bring my 35 years of racing to this forum with no animosity towards those who are "just starting out". (fuc$ I had to learn?) I do hope you succeed at your own chosen field. But for those of you who need help, please read "between the lines", 'cause you will find truth and you will fine "fiction", that only seems to work for the 'guy who has "this boat", !!! You will NEVER see 'this boat' on the water (for many reasons) but they all get down to the fact that, the "combination" does not run, nor last. If I am bringing "DRAMA" to this forum, I am not unhappy. This forum has been a "ASS KISSING PARTY" for a long time and without any just cause! Don't praise the 'mentor', do your own deal and be happy! Happy that you too now know how it works!!!
    No offense but how does this apply to pcv and a blower?

Daytona100
    I run one on my boat. 177 blower 5 lbs boost. Tapped rear of intake for hose. Seems to work fine. Ran a clear hose for a while to make sure nothing abnormal getting sucked into engine. Must work no moisture in valve covers or oil.

tbanzer
    I run one on a 671 on my street rod. I have it connected below the throttle plates where you would normally get manifold vacuum for a pcv or power brake supply.Been running this way for ten years now and it runs flawlessly.

Kindsvater Flat
    I run one on a 671 on my street rod. I have it connected below the throttle plates where you would normally get manifold vacuum for a pcv or power brake supply.Been running this way for ten years now and it runs flawlessly.
    Thanks.

Havasu Hangin'
    I ran one below the carbs...but recently switched to above the carbs (like Info mentioned).
    No problems. Took all of the moisture out of the engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast