Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: circle jet races roundy round

taxman
    Is there any jet circle boat races???? I think it would be a blast if we got something going like the v drive guys

AdrenelineOD
    Set it up and I`ll show up..

Squirtin Thunder
    My Sanger Custom Sprint and I will show up also.
    Jim

taxman
    no guys I am wondering if anybody is doing it???? I cant organize a wet dream

Squirtin Thunder
    Sure you can. Your idea make it a reality.
    Jim

BigBoyToys
    I think there is some interest in setting up some circle Jet Boat races with the Nostalgic V-Drives in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon,Idaho) but haven't heard of anything in CA or AZ. Years ago we ran circle jet classes (Ski Jet and Comp Jet) with the APBA, but the circle jet participants got fewer and fewer until APBA dropped the classes in the late 80's or so. It's really too bad because it's alot more fun running jets in circles than in drags IMO.
    If anyone is interested and wants to travel up North, get in touch with CircleJerk in the V-Drive forum. Also, I don't know if they're still doing it or not, but a few years ago at the Burley, ID races, they were running a "Local Class" which were Circle Jet Boats, at their annual race there . There is no longer any organizations currently running circle jet boats that I'm aware of, but like I said, there is some interest in running them with the nosties organization if enough racers sign up and race.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    There are 2 competion jets (CJ's) that currently run in the nostalgia endurance class at Southern Cal Speedboat Club (SCSC) races. These races are held at the Bluewater in Parker on Thanksgiving weekend and in early April. They also run at long Beach stadium in August. The 2 jet boats are sleekcrafts. One belongs to Rodger Finney from havasu and the other to Terry Valore from S. Cal. The nostalgia class races with a speedlimit for safety so keep that in mind.
    If you want to travel up to Burley, Idaho... they have been running the Comp Jet (CJ) class for years. They do tend to skip a year about every 3 or 4 years so contact the Idaho regatta commitee before traveling (they race without a speed limit).
    I miss the K-jet class (Blown Alcohol jet circle boats), that would be a cool class to resurrect. :2purples:
    Jerry

BigBoyToys
    There ya go. I didn't even think about the SCSC. Great idea! I think for those of ya wanting to get into Circle Jet boat racing, maybe get in touch with Rossdboss on this forum and ask about racing with the SCSC. And I agree 100% with Jerry.....those KJ boats were bad azzzzz!! We ran a few races back in the early 80's in the KJ class with a normally aspirated engine, and got our butts whopped, but it was fun watching it. I'd pay $$ to go see some K-Jets race again. :2purples: :2purples:
    Maybe Jerry has some old videos of the KJ Boats racing? That would get your blood pumping!

Jim Brock
    contact terry valore, he said if there were 5 boats registered, they would put in a jet class, jim

Nucking futs
    I miss the K-jet class (Blown Alcohol jet circle boats), that would be a cool class to resurrect. :2purples:
    Jerry
    Now i would be down for that.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast