steelcomp
    660 Center Squirter: List #4224S
    850 Center Squirter: List #4223S
    850 Center Squirter:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/350Carb.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...b_Over-med.jpg
    Cool, huh?
    LO
    Very cool. For a drag race wide open throttle, or off and on road racing thing. If the mid range cal. is like the 4224, they're going to have the same part throttle calibration problems. I'm glad to see the center hung bowls.
    How old is this model? I have a 98 catalogue...not listed. If it's newer than that, I'm sure they have much better calibration. Cool carb.

steelcomp
    I've heard that you can hog out the primary accelerator squirters causing more fuel to flow to the primaries than the secondaries, somewhat negating the effect? Never actually tried it but it sounds somewhat reasonable.
    You can't arbitrarily drill out something like an accelerator discharge nozzle...it's a tuning devise, just like jets. Right size for the application.
    I believe you're right there Paul. All these tuning tricks are exactly that.........tricks. I think the design of the modern dp is far superior to the 660s (850s center squirters too apparently........cool stuff there) if cruising somewhat economically is the goal.
    Agreed. Has anyone here run a pair of the 850 cs's? How bout just one?
    Input. I need input!

PC Rat
    Dual 650's feeding a tunnel rammed 468 Chevy pushed my boat to 96mph.
    Brian

LakesOnly
    How old is this model? I have a 98 catalogue...not listed. If it's newer than that, I'm sure they have much better calibration. Cool carb.
    Not sure of exact year or production, but I believe they were manufactured somewhere around the late '60's early '70's. And maybe for only two years tops?
    That's why I referred to them as rare but indeed outdated by today's standards. I'm into the rarity of them. Rare, rare, rare. Lots of people don't know they ever existed and assume I'm talking about the #4781...
    In regards to the WOT, I was originally gonna try 'em on the hydro, but now I'm going injected alcohol...
    LO

jamessampica
    I have a set of 660's center squirter's you can buy for 300.00 for both of them.They came off a 454 BBC set on a tunnelram.602-448-9374.You will have to rebuid them they have been setting around awhile.LATER
    Jim S

bottom feeder
    Not to throw a wrench in the monkey works. :2purples:
    Do or have you all messed with plenum volume. I have found that it is critical to overall performance and driveability. Has anyone ever checked the volume of their T-ram and compaired it to the single plane intakes? They are actualy quite comparible. The T-ram flows better due to the straignt runners this also tends to slow the port velocity. A single plane with the same volume will have less total flow due to the bending of the air thus causing a restiction,As a result the port velocity increases. Has every one noticed how manifolds always have one of two configurations? Short runners and large plenum or small plenum and large runners. There is a reason.
    Fuel economy What is this? :wink:
    If you want fuel economy go with progessive linkage and or progressive carbs. Three/four twos work well as do two fours with progressive linkage.

You can't arbitrarily drill out something like an accelerator discharge nozzle...it's a tuning devise, just like jets. Right size for the application.
    Actually it wasn't arbitrary. There's a supposed drill size spec'd for this mod. However, like I said before...........I don't know that it works at all, just that I've heard of it before.
    I'm going to keep my eyes open for either another 4781 to match the one I already have. Even though I'd be severely over carbed for my motor's build with a pair of 850s, I'm betting they'd work at least as well as the 660s. Either that or sell the whole shooting match for a set of 650 or 750 dps.
    PLEASE...not trying to start anything...
    P.S.......... you trying to start something there steelcomp?

nastyhabit
    if youve only got a mild BBC a tunnel rams not for you get yourself a single high rise and an 850 dubble pumper and go have fun dont waist your time on trying to look cool, than you can go blow away the others that are trying to look cool. my boat will do 93 mph radar gun gps and ive given a few poeple rides that say theres will do a 100 and when i hit 75 there about to wet themselfs i run two 1050 dubble pumpers and can empty 22 gallons of gas in a very short time, tunnels dont do mpg very well--nasty

PC Rat
    Nasty,
    Why in the world do you need two 1050s?
    Also, why does a tunnel get such bad mpg?
    Brian

LakesOnly
    LakesOnly,
    Paul have you come across any 950 3 barrel Holley carbs ?????
    I know they come as vacuum secondaries and have heard that they also have some that are mechanical.
    Jim
    Jim,
    Dunno...
    LO

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast