I was there (LHC) last weekend and the city had a nice big banner made for the Bridge City Bike Rally. I was in town, unaware in advance of the rally, with my boat to enjoy the weekend with my wife and my 5 month old baby. Some friends came with us in their boat as well.
Now before I go any further, I love custom bikes and Harley's. I am friends with a custom bike builder and have been to many functions for bikers, supporting those who ride. I sponsor activites at Daytona Bike week every year.
The bikes were loud as HELL in town and at all hours of the night. Boats are loud during the daylight, but the bikes ran all night long.
The boaters are the a-holes messing up the town.... Well I disagree. As we were walking from our hotel to the docks below London Bridge, where I left the boat after launching, a group of bikers came down that small street just before you walk down the hill (between LBR and Queen's Bay) near rear driveway of LBR. I was pushing the baby stroller with my daughter in the stroller(5 months old). Also with us was our friends, 2 adults in their mid 20's with 3 kids, one of which is 6 months old and another in a walker, when a group pulled up and drove by, 2 of the bikers pulled in the clutch and hit the gas just as they were passing my child in her stroller.
:burningm: One more thing, I was walking on the right side of the street because another loud bike had set off an alarm to a vehicle parked on the left side of the street. I didn't want to push a stroller pass a siren around the same height level of her ears.
I haven't been that pissed in a long time. Here the city is welcoming the LOUD bikes with open arms, banners 'n all, and these people rev a bike up next to a effin stroller!!!! :angry2: Every time I start my boat, and it is loud, I warn the people behind. Some have asked to wait until they move and I comply.
Screw LHC and the terrible politicians that run the town!