Thread: Fuel pressure regulator to N2O?

Jake W2
    Is any one running a fuel presure regulator to their N2O seprate fron thr fuel pressure regulator to the carb?
    I think I am going to get a Clay Smith fuel pump witch needs a fuel pressure regulator to the carb.They told me I needed one to the N2O also because it needs less pressure than the carb.
    As far as the regulator I was going to usea Aeromotive or a Magnafuel witch do you guys think is better.
    And if you were going to run the N2O with a seprate regulator what would you use?
    Jake

Jake
    I run a separate regulator for the nitrous, but run a separate electric fuel pump too. I'm just using a cheapy Holley and so far (luckily) it's worked fine. I know they're pieces o crap but I had it on hand so plumbed it in.
    Most the nitrous kits call for 5 or 6 psi (which I'm sure you're already aware). I'd wholeheartedly agree with em, and use the dedicated regulator along with the low fuel pressure cutoff just in case.

Squirtin Thunder
    Dan,
    I have a red one if you want it its just collecting dust.
    Jim

superdave013
    Jake
    I run a separate regulator for the nitrous, but run a separate electric fuel pump too. I'm just using a cheapy Holley and so far (luckily) it's worked fine. I know they're pieces o crap but I had it on hand so plumbed it in.
    Most the nitrous kits call for 5 or 6 psi (which I'm sure you're already aware). I'd wholeheartedly agree with em, and use the dedicated regulator along with the low fuel pressure cutoff just in case.
    Ditto!

dmontzsta
    I use one deadhead regulator set at 7psi for the carb and the n20 solenoid, I have a big gph fuel pump feeding them. I know lots of people who recommend no regulator to the n20 they would rather run rich than lean it out. It is all a matter of opinion, I guess use what you feel comfortable with. You talk to 10 people you will get 10 different opinions.

Thanks for the offer Jim. I've got a blue on there now, and a red that I use to change my engine oil with. Oil changing is the best use I've found so far for Holley fuel pumps.
    I also find that the reds only pump 5 psi (static not flowing). The red falls way short of that when flowing. It'll have 5 psi, til you pop open a solenoid and put fuel to the plate/bars, then it drops to about 2-3 psi. I've heard of guys not being able to get their low fuel pressure cutoff to work for them, not realizing that there is so much drop between static and flowing (about 50% in this case).
    It's been said here before...........Set your nitrous fuel pressure with a gauge and do it while fuel is flowing through the solenoid/plate/bars.

Jake W2
    Thanks Dan,D,and SD,I was told that to much is better than not enough I guess it is all going to depend on how much I want to spend.
    Jake