Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Appropriate Thread

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm not the typical speed geek. I've only got a 350 mag and a Bravo III drive.
    I do wish it went a little faster, but it's good enough for me and my family.
    How do you like yours? We love ours! Could not be happier with it.
    HD
    Originally posted by Essex502:
    What are you running in it?

Essex502
    I have had it to 70 on Havasu and Mojave. Early morning, fairly calm, no one around, full tanks and full ice chests. However, after talking more with the folks at Essex and Teague we decide that going any faster without putting hydraulic steering on it wasn't too smart. So...we'll stay at the 65 - 70 range and enjoy it. Actually, we love the boat! Handles very well, very comfortable, very dry except in the worst crap I have seen at Mead. Though if I had it to do over I'd probably opt for a small block. The reason? The 502 just drinks gas.
    RiverDave2: Ours is very similar to the photo but we ordered it with the hinged swim step. Colors are Wineberry and Grey. You can just barely see it in the photos Hot Boat took at the Sandbar during the 2000 Regatta. You would have to know what you're looking for though! If you check the Essex Website and look through the Regatta photos (Hot Boat aerials), page 5, 2nd from top on left and right sides. Or: http://www.essexboats.com/events/regatta2000/flying05/

Havasu_Dreamin
    The fastes we've had up to is about 60 on Mohave.
    You going to the Regatta this year?
    HD
    [This message has been edited by Havasu_Dreamin (edited January 16, 2002).]

Essex502
    Haven't heard any specifics yet as to when, where, etc....when I hear we'll have to decide.
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin:
    The fastes we've had up to is about 60 on Mohave.
    You going to the Regatta this year?
    HD
    [This message has been edited by Havasu_Dreamin (edited January 16, 2002).]

Havasu_Dreamin
    June 21-23. Most likely at the Nautical as I have not heard any different as of yet. Mailing is supposed to be going out this month.
    HD
    Originally posted by Essex502:
    Haven't heard any specifics yet as to when, where, etc....when I hear we'll have to decide.

RiverDave2
    I can't say that I've ever been in the 21 Sterling, but a friend of mine has the 22' Essex and it's one of the best 22's I've ever been in.. Very smooth ride.
    RD

Havasu_Dreamin
    Dsve, you know you have a seat in my Sterling up in Havasu.
    HD
    Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    I can't say that I've ever been in the 21 Sterling, but a friend of mine has the 22' Essex and it's one of the best 22's I've ever been in.. Very smooth ride.
    RD

RiverDave2
    I just might have to take you up on that! You always got a spot in the Nordic down in Parker as well. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    RD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123