Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa to Gallup NM

ONAROLL
    Leaving later in the week, pulling boat west but truck bed is empty both ways.........Vic

Infomaniac
    Leaving later in the week, pulling boat west but truck bed is empty both ways.........Vic
    Vic,
    Is your wife going with you?
    How long will you be gone?
    LOL

ONAROLL
    Ron,
    Got a buddy going, I sold the white jet boat and agreed to meet Slotracer (Pat) in Gallup, suck up a few beers and head back on Saturday, gotta work sunday night. Vic

jlnorthrup122
    I used to live in gallup NM. shitty town! you will see alot of drunks in that town! I wounder if the thunderbird is still open? there are alot of indian art shops in that town to the sand paintings and the cachina's are cool! I used to have to cimb a mountain both was to school in that town I went to juan day Oyauhtay elementary school there! it would be cool to see some pics of the place! lot of memories still there! Well good luck ONAROLL and have fun!

ONAROLL
    yeah its a shitty trip, not looking forward to it, been there a few times, Vic

24sleekenforcer
    I used to live in gallup NM. shitty town! you will see alot of drunks in that town! I wounder if the thunderbird is still open? there are alot of indian art shops in that town to the sand paintings and the cachina's are cool! I used to have to cimb a mountain both was to school in that town I went to juan day Oyauhtay elementary school there! it would be cool to see some pics of the place! lot of memories still there! Well good luck ONAROLL and have fun!
    Gallup is a great small town everyone gets along, no big city problems ,also don't have alot of drunks like it was in the past. When is the last time you have been here.

Tommy1005
    I have a good friend from Gallup. The last time I went out there, there were alot of Navajos, so I think that's where the drunk thing comes in. Gallup is cool, but definitely has it's little twists, turns, and problems. I need to get back out there sometime.

Tommy1005
    oh yeah, it also has the highest per capita number of millionaires, not sure where I read that, but I did read it in Forbes, Fortune, or one of those

UBFJ #454
    Was raised in Window Rock ... My Father was the first white man hired by the Navajo ... Superintendent of Water Development ... Bill Ramsey ... The overall layout of wells and water supply for the Res is his design. First serious girl friend was Dianne Woodman ... Her Father was a chiropracter in Gallup ... Heard she married a fellow whose family had a large General Contracting business in Gallup when I went to Vietnam. Linda Spolar (Spolar Electric, don't if their still in business) was a good friend ... Hooked her up with a good friend of mine from Kemper Military School (where I attended my Jr. & Sr. years of High School ... Headed for The Naval Academy) ... Don't know what ultimately happened between them as I lost touch ... Kinda involved in other things in S.E. Asis over that next 10+ years.
    Went through the Area a couple of years ago (towing back from a race on the Mississippi) for the first time since burying a friend back in '69 ... Gallup had changed very much for the better from the '50'2 & '60's ... Window Rock and Fort Defiance had not ... Very Depressing ... Doubt I'll go back other than to pass through on the Highway, though may go back for one more Ceremonial ... Used to be Quite Something ... Now?
    Have a lot of good memories of the Navajo ... Have seen a lot of things other whites have and will not ever see ... Just a hint of what it was like for me as a kid ... The paved road to Page stopped at the Gap Trading Post ... Sand track to Page there after and Glen Canyon was still under construction ... No way across the Colorado except at Lee's Ferry and Fording the river at Mexican Hat (which I did many times) or, go all the way to Shiprock and go around.

ONAROLL
    OK guys, I aint slammin Gallup, look at a map, start in Tulsa go 900 miles any direction, of your choices for a good road trip, this aint it.......I like New Mexico and the desert......Jak, you still got whats her names number?......just kidding..........Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast