Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water in the oil

Mel
    Well we just put a brand new basset T valve in her before we took her out.. As the old T valve had a broken spring.. I pulled the plugs and the insulators are all white like from water I think... Do you think putting a regulator in between the gate valve and the engine will solve this problem??? If so where do you find this regulator from Basset?

jroos
    Plugs look really clean. Intake is leaking. Had the same problem last year. At idle it wouldn`t leak, but when rpm`s start to come up it would suck water and foul plugs on all 4 corners. I was running a splash shield.This keeps hot oil from hitting your intake and heating it up thereby heating your mixture and not enabling your motor to get a cool dense charge to make more bang. I didn`t like the way it seated to begin with so I had a heads up. Removed splash pan I only use fel-pro gaskets and high temp RTV. DO NOT use the 2 end gaskets even if they are neoprene `cause they are just gonna move on you. Take a metal can and block off the heat risers in the heads. Just trim a little square out of can and RTV over heat riser. This is FREE Horse POWER and will save you fuel. Only downfall to this is you cant heat up your lunch on your intake anymore.

daboot
    I will concure with what oldsquirt hade to say about your h20 injectors if thats what your running, at idle your major problem with this is YOUR CAM DURATION SUCKING THE WATER BACK IN, remember there only 2-3 inches from the flange area of your heads. coming down to off idle or idle each time that water can reverse back in, IF IT'S A HEAVY CAM. I read this in the forum in ***boat by Greg Shoemaker, Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend !!! And definetly get rid of the cork gaskets, build up with permatex from ridge to ridge touching each side of the head gasket for a trouble free seal !!

froggystyle
    Another thought, I have a regulating valve up front by the driver to regulate the water flow going to the headers. Ostensibly it is to shut off header water during flat out races. I shut the water off every time I come down off heavy throttle, or idle back to the pier. This gets all of the water out of my headers, and prevents reversion.

Mel
    First I want to say thanks to bunch of great people who are very willing to share their knowledge! We are gonna put a water pressure regulator valve on and take the cast iron intake off add an aluminium one, seal the water ports and reomove the baffels from the headers! This will put us up to arround 8 grand we have put into this long forgotten jet boat which only includes pump and motor work and price of boat when we found her which we thought was a steal! Ha Ha
    Any how wish us luck hope it works cause if this won't work I do believe she will be for sale!! oops forgot to mention the new holly 750 carb we had to have overnighted just so we could take her out last weekend ! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif
    Again my thanks to a great bunch of people here!!!! Tails away http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12