Hi guys,
To start with maybe I should tell you that I am 22 years old, and don't know much about 1980's racing. I was in kindergarten during the mid eighties. Before I bought my boat, I had never heard of mike kuhl. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging; I really just wanted to know what the boat is capable of from more experienced boaters. I also wanted to know If I got ripped off from the guy I bought the boat from. (You tend to get feelings of uncertainty when the seller asks for close to ten thousand dollars, all in cash.)
As for the place diverter problem, I adjusted the rod end so that the diverter goes down farther, which really helps during skiing/wakeboarding. The only downside is that the nozzle doesn't go up as far anymore.
I have now taken the boat in saltwater 4 times, and haven't had a problem(other than harbour patrol officers!) When I get the boat home, I hook up the hose and flush the motor for about 30 minutes with the motor off. Then I Start the motor to blow out any remaining water in the exhaust(and also to piss off my neighbor). I rinse and wash the motor by hand, and spray the whole thing with wd40. I did notice one interesting thing, one of my an fittings is split slightly, and you can see little salt crystals running down the hose. Should I worry about replacing this fitting or wait until it becomes a problem? thanks