Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turbo jetboat

buddy
    Hi guys,
    To start with maybe I should tell you that I am 22 years old, and don't know much about 1980's racing. I was in kindergarten during the mid eighties. Before I bought my boat, I had never heard of mike kuhl. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging; I really just wanted to know what the boat is capable of from more experienced boaters. I also wanted to know If I got ripped off from the guy I bought the boat from. (You tend to get feelings of uncertainty when the seller asks for close to ten thousand dollars, all in cash.)
    As for the place diverter problem, I adjusted the rod end so that the diverter goes down farther, which really helps during skiing/wakeboarding. The only downside is that the nozzle doesn't go up as far anymore.
    I have now taken the boat in saltwater 4 times, and haven't had a problem(other than harbour patrol officers!) When I get the boat home, I hook up the hose and flush the motor for about 30 minutes with the motor off. Then I Start the motor to blow out any remaining water in the exhaust(and also to piss off my neighbor). I rinse and wash the motor by hand, and spray the whole thing with wd40. I did notice one interesting thing, one of my an fittings is split slightly, and you can see little salt crystals running down the hose. Should I worry about replacing this fitting or wait until it becomes a problem? thanks

superdave013
    I would replace that fitting right away. You can get som salt away stuff from the marina and should use it when you flush your motor. I have a lawn firtilizer deal that goes inline with the garden hose. I fill it with that salt away stuff when I flush the motor after a day in the salt. From not seeing your boat I would think that you got a pretty good deal for less than ten grand. Price a twin turbo set-up some time. They are not cheep! You could not build a good to go turbo motor with all new parts for ten grand.

spectras only
    Hi Buddy, we beleive who you are ,just wanted to get the cat out of the bag.Mike Kuhl would have corrected me about the "california water rat"because that was the blower motor and you have the turbo motor.Now the numbers you telling us 1200HP? is probably the 1200 series designation.PFM made 3 styles:,700,1200,1600, .The 700 is single carb dual turbo,the 1200 dual carb with low risemanifolds with risers.the turbo is monted on the risers.the carbsgo between the turbos and feed the intercooler.The 1600 is for dual carb high rise exhaust manifolds.If you have around 6/7 pounds of boost you have 50%increase in HP.Sounds like you have a good deal there.I would checkany crack very carfully and change hoses right away if any doubt.You don't need to run your engine for half an our.5 minutes of running your engine hooked up to a watersupply all you need.Would make your neighbour happier too.Last, your power could be between 700-900HP,just guessing.Happy boating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12