Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1000 hp single Whipple

kojac
    HP350= your right its close to 496 but not there yet.
    someone can probably give me the exact c.i.
    454= bored 30 over
    4.25"=stroke
    thought it was 480 something, not sure anymore.
    any thoughts??
    Racer
    489.17cu inches Normally called 490
    Kojac

RACER52
    Yep that sounds like it. I remember when ordering pistons that was the number they used.
    cool== 490 c.i. and top speed of 114mph so far.
    next year????? who knows. But of it does a benny everyday its all good.
    Racer

HP350SC
    Yeah you can't complain about 100mph anytime anywhere. Your graphics are what really sets that boat off.
    Hey you Cali. guys are all about fudging motor sizes! LOL What's Don running now? :coffeycup

jackpunx
    Yeah you can't complain about 100mph anytime anywhere. Your graphics are what really sets that boat off.
    Hey you Cali. guys are all about fudging motor sizes! LOL What's Don running now? :coffeycup
    Don's going to a 2.0 with 600+ hp

HP350SC
    LMAO Now that's funny

burtandnancy
    Dropped by after the dyno runs, saw the log though, very impressive. Don't know if this is GT's own cam grind. The package is very impressive as are so many of his engines. I think he's on to something with these new 588's...

RACER52
    Alright !!!!!
    Just got a phone call from Gary= I sent him an e-mail Friday afternoon
    explaining what I have and what I have been encoutering this year. He had good info and was very easy to deal with and ask stupid questions.
    Sounds like next year I'll be running his computer mapping and engine harness for about the same as this infinitely adjustable crap I already have. Also will change to a solid roller to get close to 7k rpms.
    The horsepower may be at the prop next year instead of blowin out the exhaust. Very excited now I just need to skimp on X-mas this year
    Racer

jackpunx
    Alright !!!!!
    Just got a phone call from Gary= I sent him an e-mail Friday afternoon
    explaining what I have and what I have been encoutering this year. He had good info and was very easy to deal with and ask stupid questions.
    Sounds like next year I'll be running his computer mapping and engine harness for about the same as this infinitely adjustable crap I already have. Also will change to a solid roller to get close to 7k rpms.
    The horsepower may be at the prop next year instead of blowin out the exhaust. Very excited now I just need to skimp on X-mas this year
    Racer
    Nice.. you and I are thinking a lot a like right now
    I swear.. I delt with other builders.. Al Stoker and Gary T by far are the best I have ever delt with.. I know what you mean about the stupid questions.. They put up with them and do what ever it takes to make me comfortable... and because of that they have loyalty from me.
    good luck IM sure you'll be happy with GT

HP350SC
    I would have to agree, when I called them they spent a lot of time explaining things to me when they didn't need to. Says a lot about what kind of service you could expect from them. Solid lifters are about 50 "free" hp. with the cam change. Skimping on X-mas is my plan as well

RACER52
    50 free hp from solid lifters??? WOW
    I had no idea. With the solid lifters and the extra h.p that will magically appear when tuned correctly we should see some much bigger numbers down at the BBSP. An extra 1000rpm and feeding the engine vs leaning the engine will produce what I had hoped for :idea:
    Cant wait.
    Racer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast