Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a reasonable price for new paint job?

75MillerJet
    I have a 1975 19 ft Miller Jet Boat and the paint is really old and faded on it. I tried restoring it but it just aint happening. I just went to a guy today in Ventura, CA and he told me $3500 for a fresh two-tone (white and red). Is it just me or does this price sound outrageous? I could be totally wrong. Does anyone know of any boat painters in the Ventura/LA area? I'm having a helluva time finding people. Thanx guys.

hoolign
    Sorry..I thout it said "blowjob" ..carry on..but just in case you decide to edit the thread tiltle.. so far about 780K

YeLLowBoaT
    That price is in the ball park. It takes ALOT of work to prep and paint a boat.

H20 Toie
    With the rules and reg that shops have to follow that does not sound like a bad price. i would check with Abstract fiberglass in reseda he has been painting boats for years and does an awsome job.

75MillerJet
    With the rules and reg that shops have to follow that does not sound like a bad price. i would check with Abstract fiberglass in reseda he has been painting boats for years and does an awsome job.
    I actually heard about a place in Castaic that is very low priced but thats quite a drive to just get a quote.

RAMROD
    3500 isn't bad for the topside and hull, if it is a first rate job. Paint materials are very expensive.

GRUNION
    I think thats a great deal. Ask them what type of materials they will be using and then go check the price on them at the paint store i will bet over half that price is in material costs.

H20 Toie
    I actually heard about a place in Castaic that is very low priced but thats quite a drive to just get a quote.
    Roberto's in Castaic has great prices but with as busy as he is right now you may have problems getting a complete boat painted soon.

LUVNLIFE
    $3500 is a really good price. Go get a couple other quotes and see.

LUVNLIFE
    Roberto's in Castaic has great prices but with as busy as he is right now you may have problems getting a complete boat painted soon.
    Hey Dan where is Roberto's at in Castaic? I've never seen it. Has he done work for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast