Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possessed printer!!!

bunny 166
    Anyone know if your printer can get a virus? So far I have about 150 pages of just random numbers, letters, and symbols...I didn't even ask to print anything! There was paper stuck in the feed, and when I pulled it out and it re-set itself it started spewing all kinds of heirogliphics (sp?) What the hell is going on--make it stop!!

bunny 166
    tried--wont stop!! Maybe I should just throw it out the window?...

Kim Hanson
    Anyone know if your printer can get a virus? So far I have about 150 pages of just random numbers, letters, and symbols...I didn't even ask to print anything! There was paper stuck in the feed, and when I pulled it out and it re-set itself it started spewing all kinds of heirogliphics (sp?) What the hell is going on--make it stop!!
    I would uninstall and try to reinstall that program, see if that worked....( . )( . )............. :wink:

topless
    You are DOOMED

bunny 166
    You are DOOMED
    Thanx... :cry:

bunny 166
    At this point I will just go with Topless on this one...lol
    Thanx to you too Tom! :cry: Should I just turn it off and unplug it or will that mess up all kinds of shit??

bunny 166
    OK< here goes nothing... :220v: <--- If I dont make it back you know what happened to poor bunny! :hammerhea

waterwitch
    A printer can not have a virus. It only does
    what the computer tell it to.
    You may have a virus that is cause your
    problems. Run your virus protector and
    see how it goes.
    Sincerely
    Traci

switchin'addiction
    Same thing happend to me, ran my virus scan & it picked up a new virus. Cleaned that out, rebooted & everything was fine.

JustMVG
    Looks like you need to tell the printer what kind of print .doc .jpg usually when you get the gobbldygoop it's printing the way the computer "sees" the pic or doc. And maybe resize the pics to fit the page, depending on your printer make you should be able to click on the properties tab or custom print tab and go from there.
    Hope it works our for ya.
    Mike VG
    Welcome to the boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast