Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zoomies on jet

delirious
    who has run these and how well do they work with water gettng in to the boat

BlownNitro540
    ceramic coat them and run them dry, no problem, works for me

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I was thinking about running them myself but some people have told me that they will hurt your performance I am planning on running dry headers and i think zoomies would rock Any info on performance problems?????
    S_P

Duane HTP
    zoomies are for blown motors. Headers for naturally asperiated engines. Yes, they can hurt the performance of a carburetored motor.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    zoomies are for blown motors. Headers for naturally asperiated engines. Yes, they can hurt the performance of a carburetored motor.
    Thanks duane Looks like no zoomies for me for the next 2 years. When I build my blown motor better believe that I will have some zoomies

mouzer
    I ran zoomies water inj/w silencers on me southwind dragster,tunnelram motor,looked bitchen ran great ,im sure it took some hsp away,but not enough to make a difference to me,and i still have them in my garage for my new project,and there legal. :coffeycup

Foggerjet
    Good point Duane, Nat Asp motors need the collector for "scavenging", actually causes a low pressure "pulling" the intake charge in. Cam profiles, centerline,LDA have a lot to do with this also, Fiat,Info or Straub can elaborate more here. With a pressurized intake, we just want the gasses OUT! the boost pushes the intake charge in. Does it very well too. Also before installing Zoomies on anything (as cool and obsene as they are), read the threads about noise violations and db levels. You thought dry stacks were loud? GOOD GOD Zoomies are crazy loud. I've never heard them without a blower so Nat. Asp. may be quieter.

Jim Brock
    I run them on my mod jet now, and i ran them on my mod jet 32 yrs ago, they work, depends on the tube diameter, call Jim at rewarder,

Jet Hydro
    I ran them on my alky motor a few years back. Duane talked me in to changing them at a race so I could see if there was any difference. I don't remember what the number was but I did run the 1/4 mile faster with the headers. :hammerhea
    I now have a blown gas motor so I can run those cool looking zoomies.
    Loud pipes save lives :crossx:

Zoomies WILL NOT hurt the performance of your motor. They will give you more bottom end and torque downstairs. Like Brock said, call Jim at rewarder and tell him what your setup is and he will give you the correct diameter to run. Normally, a motor up to 470 naturally aspirated will use a 2 inch tube. A 500 incher will use 2 1/4. The IHBA Pro Gas flat record today is still held by a motor with zoomies. They make it easy to work on the valvetrain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast