Thread: Lake James Trip News Paper

Huffer
    Okay paper called today story will be in tuesday's edition I bought 30 copy's
    need some address's for those who want a copy!

Aut
    Okay paper called today story will be in tuesday's edition I bought 30 copy's
    need some address's for those who want a copy! huffer save me 1 "AUT"

shirkey4750
    Heres the link, hope this is the right paper.
    http://www.morganton.com/

Lady Warhawk
    I'll PM you. We'd love to have one.... Thank you

i would'nt mind gettin my hands on one?
    my pop sends me newspapers from morganfield KY from time to time, nice to read about the day in's-n-out's of other places
    todd

shirkey4750
    Heres the article.
    KERRI L. MCFALLS | THE NEWS HERALD Jerry Morris helps unload toys from boats on Saturday at the Linville River Access. Members of ***boat.com came from surrounding states to participate in a Toys for Tots drive.
    LAKE JAMES - They may love sun and speed and spending hours in their racing boats, but they also love children and have a heart for those in need.
    Members of ***boat.com, an interactive Web site for boating aficionados, met at Lake James on Saturday for a Toys for Tots drive, which will benefit local children whose families are still recovering from this year’s flood.
    Charlotte resident Jerry Morris, who frequently travels through Burke County on business, was in the area when hurricane Frances hit.
    “I just saw there was a need, so I posted the idea to the Web site and all these people showed up,” Morris said, as he pointed to 31 boats idling on the lake. “It’s pretty wild.”
    Nearly 100 people participated in the drive; some traveled from as far away as New York and Florida.
    Tim Porterfield from Roanoke, Va. said Saturday’s event brought more boaters and toys than he expected.
    “This is a great group,” he said. “We’ve gotten cars, skateboards and Legos. Really, we’ve gotten a little bit of everything.”
    Jamie Shultz from Cary was also impressed by the collective goodwill of her fellow boaters.
    “This is a great bunch of people,” she said. “It’s great to get together and have a blast on our boats and be able to help others.”
    Toys collected on Saturday will be donated to Christmas Cheer.
    Jennifer M. Phelps can be reached at (828) 437-2161, Ext. 29, or by e-mail at jphelps@morganton.com. Please read news updates throughout the day at www.morganton.com.
    © 2004, Media General Inc. All Rights Reserved
    * our Terms & Conditions *

VD CRUISER
    This is really great for all involved. A win, win situation.

lakeratz
    Heres the link, hope this is the right paper.
    http://www.morganton.com/
    right on ,the add. is good!thanks ,ratz

MANIC MECHANIC
    Here's a direct link to the story;
    http://www.morganton.com/servlet/Sat...FMNH_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031778887151&path=%21news
    Tim