Thread: 100hp merc

billet racing
    A customer of ours has and old boat, with a 100hp Merc on it. Last used it 15 years ago. His nephew was using it to ski. It quit on them. Took it to the shop and they said $1,500. Parked it and there it sits.
    Any interest in it. The boat its on is junk. After sitting in side yard uncovered. But the motor looks clean. Popped the cover, and except for a few spiders, still clean. Was going to donate it, but I don't think they will take it. told him to get a few bucks for the motor. could pay his dump fee.

Tom Brown
    BR, those old inlines aren't really worth anything, particularly with a hole in cylinder #3. You can often sell off the lower unit for a bit of cash on eBay, though.
    For what it's worth, I've got an old inline 6/150 that isn't worth fixing either.

billet racing
    Thanks for the advise.
    Asked further about it. has paperwork for the estimate. Blown head gasket.
    Seemed to me he was trying to butter it up and make it sound easy. Don't know what to expect, so expect the worst.

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Does an inline 6 have a head gasket? Thought it had a spaghetti seal between the block halves, Not sure been a long time since I fooled with O/B. Still love em though.

TANGO424
    Does an inline 6 have a head gasket? Thought it had a spaghetti seal between the block halves, Not sure been a long time since I fooled with O/B. Still love em though.
    no head gasket has seal between blocks i have two il 6,s a 115 and 150 they run good but not a high rpm motor get them running too high for too long and they start melting :skull: not good but both of mine are still running they just require a lot of tlc