This year my son took on the task of fundraiser for Cal State Northridge. It is a competition in the Greek community (Frat's and Sorority) called Derby Days. Long story short he comes up with ideas to get all the houses to try and raise money for ChildrenÂ’s Hospital and the ChildrenÂ’s Miracle network (His charity choice's). He went to local business to get them donate for an auction he even got a few jewelry stores to donate jewelry. During this time all the sororities are trying to win points from him for first place and bragging rights to the best house etc. The last time this was done (every two years) they raised approx $4000. This year they raised $11,000!!! He told them that if they reached the $10,000 mark he would shave his headÂ…Funny he used to cry when I had that done to him as a kid. The children of ChildrenÂ’s hospital asked if they could do the clipper honors so next week he gets his head shaved! IÂ’m one pretty proud Dad. It makes you feel pretty damn good when your children do something like this. The wife and I must have done something right! This was the best sorority costume winner. Please no Raider or Laker wise cracks. I think I would be pretty happy to be in the middle of that too if I was (quite) a few years younger. Just wanted to share my happiness.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ders_girls.jpg