Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Laptop

TRIMM MANN
    Anyone have any ideas
    I am looking for a light weight laptop that can access the internet from virtually anywhere. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. I just need internet access at a pretty quick speed and I won't always have a landline to plug into.
    Been looking in the papers and don't know what to do :hammer2:

WetWillie
    I like IBM's look Here! (http://search.ebay.com/IBM-laptop_W0...omZR10QQsacate goryZ-1Q26catrefQ3DC6QQsotrZ2QQsosortpropertyZ1Q26sosort orderQ3D1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentryp ageZsearch)

NashvilleBound
    Toshiba or Sony all the way.

Jetdriver
    DELL with Intel Centrino! Good prices and you can link in just about anywhere. Take a look! www.dell.com

NastyOne
    Go to Overstock.com (www.overstock.com) and see what they have. You'll probably get a better deal. :rollside:

Roxysnow
    Trim, I just bought a HP dv1000 series for Mila. Make sure it has the LAN 802.11. Also the centrino for wireless internet. The thing is awsome. we were using on our way too and from teh river. I got it at Costco, but Dell has some awsome rebates too. Check your PM.

Roxysnow
    Go to Overstock.com (www.overstock.com) and see what they have. You'll probably get a better deal. :rollside:
    Overstock is awsome just make sure you don't get the refurb junk! Try slickdeals.net

TRIMM MANN
    Trim, I just bought a HP dv1000 series for Mila. Make sure it has the LAN 802.11. Also the centrino for wireless internet. The thing is awsome. we were using on our way too and from teh river. I got it at Costco, but Dell has some awsome rebates too. Check your PM.
    Kevin,
    How much was it as Costco I got your PM. Will reply later

Scream
    If you get built in wireless, go for 802.11 G. It's much faster than 802.11 B (by about 10X).
    Toshiba has some awsome light weight models available. Jeff Levy, a radio computer geek, hates the dell laptops, says they're cheap imported crap. Might be, I have two (Debbolas and I) and they are good for us. The price was right too...
    Go to Best Buys (assholes) or CompUSA (better) and try them out. Take them on a test drive and see how they perform.
    Scream

rvrpig
    Got mine from Dell...Paid for the most expensive one (only computer in house)
    If you do get a dell MAKE SURE to get the 3yr accidental warranty. You could Through it out the window of a moving car and they would replace it for free. I got a dent in the case on my laptop...they not only send me a new case but offered to send some one from Pheonix to Needles to instal it. I wasnt going to make some poor guy drive out here for what I could do...so I said it was ok. BUT THEY OFFERED IT FOR FREE....WORTH THE PRICE AND COMPANY...DELL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast