Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New truck

phebus
    I am thinking of getting a new truck. I am looking at getting a Chevy 2500HD 2wd crew cab, short bed, with the 6.0 motor (would like the Duramax and 4wd, but can't justify the extra dollars). I need suggestions on what upgrades I should go with. I will be towing a 26' cat on a dual axle trailer. Rarely any long distance towing, just Havasu to ramp, but one annual trip from Havasu to Powell.
    Thanks

Jordy
    Off the bat, intake and exhaust never hurt. I have the K&N FIPK on mine (cold air kit) and Gibson exhaust. Anything you can do to open it up and let it breathe will always help.

Fiat48
    That and see what is available in a chip for it. Nowdays chips are the dealio.

phebus
    Thanks Jordy, that stuff will come later. I was mainly looking for must haves from the dealer. Are there upgrades I should get when purchasing? i.e. tranny, stereo seats, etc.

UnionJack
    The diesel is always worth it, maybe not the 4wd but if you can swing it try to get the diesel, I have it and love it, if you buy the gas motor you will hate yourself in 2 months, if not less time then that

HighRoller
    Why not buy a good used one with exactly what you want?

phebus
    Why not buy a good used one with exactly what you want?
    That's a possibility if the right one comes up.

IN2MX
    That's a possibility if the right one comes up.
    Call Jay Photoglou....Power Chevrolet in Corona....I just bought a 05 2500hd 4x4 LT Duramax from him when I thought I was only going to be able to afford 2wd cloth gas...He will make it work for you......He is also super knowledgeable in everything you need from the dealer as he owns the same truck you are looking for....

Jrocket
    After you buy a chip,exhaust,intake and all the other stuff for a 6.0,you might as well get the duramax.It will run better and you'll be happier in the end.You'll never get the 6.0 to pull or run like you can the duramax.

MACH26
    IMHO, I have owned the 5.3, 6.0, 8.1, and now the Duramax. I wish I would have just ponied up for the D-max originally. Even if your pulling a light load, it's just so much better in so many ways!!
    Javier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast