Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New truck

Jordy
    After you buy a chip,exhaust,intake and all the other stuff for a 6.0,you might as well get the duramax.It will run better and you'll be happier in the end.You'll never get the 6.0 to pull or run like you can the duramax.
    There was a doggie had a name and Bingo was his name-o
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    and Bingo was his name-o.

PHX ATC
    There was a doggie had a name and Bingo was his name-o
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    and Bingo was his name-o.
    Das cus none of em run like das Cummins!
    Woooohooooeeeeeeeeee!
    Before I get flamed, I'm not starting a brand war, just funning with Jordy. He's a Chevy dude, I'm a Dodge dude. It's all just fun.
    BTW Jordy..........horsey property on da way!!!

BarryMac
    My advice is, don't do the 6.0, you save about 2 mpg, it's not worth it, go for the 8.1, better towing and you can get the Allison tranny...

Jordy
    Das cus none of em run like das Cummins!
    Yeah, but then you have a tranny that doesn't hold up, and, not to mention the obvious, but you have to drive a D=o=d=g=e.
    p.s. Don't you have to own a boat to post here?

HighRoller
    Hasn't stopped me since I sold mine!

riverbound
    Call Jay Photoglou....Power Chevrolet in Corona....I just bought a 05 2500hd 4x4 LT Duramax from him when I thought I was only going to be able to afford 2wd cloth gas...He will make it work for you......He is also super knowledgeable in everything you need from the dealer as he owns the same truck you are looking for....
    you will be surprised what Jay can do for you. He will make the Dmax affordable.

goneboatin
    If you do the 2500 and not the HD - do the Quadrasteer. Yeah it looks ugly with the semi-dually fenders and skinny tires and the Farmer John lights on the cab, but put some 20s on it, it'll look cool. Its like driving and maneuvering something half the size!
    The diesel looks good on paper, but remember:
    1. Diesel is not available everywhere.
    2. Diesel costs as much as super.
    3. An oil change is not cheap - about $65+ - the same as a BMW.
    4. You can buy alot of gas for another $5000 that the D-max costs.
    5. No Q-steer with the HDs.
    6. That diesel stench.
    Yeah I wish I could get 400+ horsepower from my 6.0, but for $5000 a supercharger does the trick.
    No, I'm not bashing diesels, I had to use these items to convince myself that I made the right decision on not getting the diesel when I bought my truck.
    Just my .02 ~ GB

77charger
    I have a 4x4 ext cab hd with the 6.0.I does a great job pullin my toyhauler and boat.I can do 60-65 up the steeper hills with the hauler(about 6500-7k loaded)and 75 with the boat 21 eliminator open bow.Mpg is around 13.5(all around driving) empty.8-10 toyhauler 10-12 boat and i have a heavy foot.
    I didnt fell the need for diesel IMO because it aint for me.couldnt jusitfy the added cost and my experiences around diesels had been negative.And i dont plan on keeping this truck forever probably be gone by 200k anyways.

SoCalHD
    I have a 2002 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0 in it. It does fairly well with towing my heavy boat. Though I do wish that I had upgraded the motor when I bought the truck, I didn't. This past Saturday, I had the chance to take a ride in fellow ***boater Sigepmock's 2500HD with the Whipple S/C. Mind you, he also has a 6" lift and 35's on his HD. That thing FLYS!! After the mandatory burnout, we went through the gears a bit. I could not believe how the Whipple S/C wakes that motor up. I would ask the wife for one for Christmas, but I want my lift and gears first. If I ask for too much, she'll have to kill me:-)

PHX ATC
    Yeah, but then you have a tranny that doesn't hold up, and, not to mention the obvious, but you have to drive a D=o=d=g=e.
    p.s. Don't you have to own a boat to post here?
    I still own one.......although, I might have to become a post ***** at, what was it? horseshitlovers.com?
    That cracks me up.
    1 acre, custom home, probably be done in Julyish. Bring that Chuby Duramaxipad (with a cool tranny) over here and help.
    I'll have to change my location to Queen Creek. Eeeeek! At least it's not the avenues! :lightsabe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast