Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: any 3100 a.o. owners?

pleasantcat
    need to find someone else out here with these boats to try and get the setup right. i've had lots of problems with this boat since september when i purchased it. i did get all the mechanical issues repaired and now im having handling issues.

Extreme Marine Az
    got to OSO

kanedog
    search a guy called merlin540 on OSO. he owned and was obsessed with a 31 ao a while back. beats the crap out of the boat and he sounded very knowledgeable from what i read.

acatitude
    I second merlin 540 on oso he's the 31 AO man. good luck Did you buy the boat new or used? what year?? just a little curious

kanedog
    we love merlin540 here at ***boat!!!!even though he isnt on the boards

WETTE VETTE
    Merlin has been kinda MIA lately. I do know he runs 2" shorties and IMCO boxes. He runs it hard with no handling issues in the mid to high 120's!

pleasantcat
    well nobody on o.s.o. is giving me real info. just a bunch of guessing and b.s.
    one person says move the engines and tab it, another says drive spacers w.t.f. why would a.o. put this thing out rigged like this if it didnt handle safely? i've never heard of a daytona,dcb,skater customer having these issues.i just got thru dumping 15+k into the engines to make them right and now it's unsafe to drive if anyone has a suggestion im all ears.

Charley
    well nobody on o.s.o. is giving me real info. just a bunch of guessing and b.s.
    one person says move the engines and tab it, another says drive spacers w.t.f. why would a.o. put this thing out rigged like this if it didnt handle safely? i've never heard of a daytona,dcb,skater customer having these issues.i just got thru dumping 15+k into the engines to make them right and now it's unsafe to drive if anyone has a suggestion im all ears.
    not pretending to be an expert on the 3100 but give us some info:
    1. do you have standoff boxes?
    2. where is your X?
    3. Tab?
    4. Drives? gear ratio?
    5. current props?

pleasantcat
    hey charlie, well here ya go, blown 600+hp each side mounted on transom,imco extreme drives with imco boxes, "x" is 1" up from bottom (where a.o. want's them) spinning bravo 32p 4blades spinning out. runs up to 70 like a caddy, push on the throttles and it starts to porpous all the way to 100mph. it does it so baddly that the props blow out :cry: not safe at all! i indexed the drives and im anywhere from neutral to out with no change.
    now when i had the daytona i never had this issue. the bow would bounce twice about 6" then it was gone.

Charley
    hey charlie, well here ya go, blown 600+hp each side mounted on transom,imco extreme drives with imco boxes, "x" is 1" up from bottom (where a.o. want's them) spinning bravo 32p 4blades spinning out. runs up to 70 like a caddy, push on the throttles and it starts to porpous all the way to 100mph. it does it so baddly that the props blow out :cry: not safe at all! i indexed the drives and im anywhere from neutral to out with no change.
    now when i had the daytona i never had this issue. the bow would bounce twice about 6" then it was gone.
    hmmm... does the boat carry the bow high?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast