My buddy owns the website http://www.jetheaven.us
We're looking to put together a FAQ (frequently asked questions) column and he wants to dedicate a button to this. There are a couple different reasons for this obviously.
1. He'd like to increase interest/traffic in his free site, message board, and classified ads.
2. He'd also like to provide a place where the more typical jetboat questions can be answered without people having to repeat the same information over and over.
3. We'd be looking for those frequently asked questions like.. water in my oil? High end miss? How to plumb waterlines? Will a bigger carb make my boat faster? etc. Maybe even sections pertaining to certain engine types and the problems that are common to them. ex. Fords and the weak distributor gear pin, Olds and oiling issues. Not trying to just blow off the newbies with a bunch of generic answers, but maybe it'd keep guys from having to repeat themselves so much.
The idea would be, if someone were to ask one of those questions you could just link to the FAQ button on his page and with any luck that individual could find their answer. If they can't find it after trying the remedies, then at least they'd have troubleshot the normal things and all those questions wouldn't have to be asked in an effort to help them.
What'd ya think? Is this worth pursuing? If you think so, fire me some questions and answers. Only looking for the answers most common to the problems. Anything more detailed than that is something they could come back for after they've tried the normal fixes. I'm going to put up my email address and you can drop your Q&A's there, or put em up here. If they're emailed I'll just copy em to a word doc and can input them to the page when time permits.
danimal2@earthlink.net
If you don't think it's worth while, then we'll just let this die.