Thread: How can I make my Hydraulic place diverter to pump faster?

Scarab Jet
    When I press the up/down botton, it'd be nice if the diverter moved real quick... Are there any mods that I can make (or maybe a stronger battery?) to make it go up or down in lightening speed?
    Any ideas are greatly appreciated...
    Mike...

If the reason your diverter moves slowly is voltage drop caused by the long battery power run(from bat to dash and back to pump assembly) then this product should help immensely.Banderlog Diverter Power Relay (http://www.banderlog.com/products/po...owerRelay.html)
    There was a recent thread on this subject.
    EDIT: Make sure the ground circuit is also in good shape. No loose connections or connections to painted surfaces. A voltage drop here will have the same detrimental effect as voltage drop on the power side of the circuit.

victorfb
    the Banderlog relay is a great product and will help with instant response and allow the hydrolic pump to work more efficiently. but if you want the diverter to operate at a higher speed you will have to increase the size of the hydrolic lines. another way is to modify the lever (or manufacture a differant one)were the hydrolic ram is mounted to the diverter. the shorter the distance that the ram needs to operate, the faster the diverter will move. remember though that the faster the diverter, the less precise the action. it will be harder to get the diverter to the exact position desired. over correcting is more common.

WheelerDealer
    you could use pneumatics and make it damn fast!

manuel
    Is yours slow ?, I don't know what "normal" is, but mine takes 3 seconds to cycle, no relay and a long distance from stern to helm,
    Manuel

MudPumper
    My manual PD works real fast.

NAMarine
    I know in outboards they use a 24v setup on the trim systems. I wonder if you could do the same for these. Would definitely decrease you time and since you only hit it for short burst, should not hurt the hydraulic pump.