Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance for Jet Boats

Erik
    Could anyone out there recomend an insurance co. for my 74 Hallett? Its 19-ft with a 468 BBC. I've been rejected because I'm too young, its too old, too fast, has over the transom headers, etc. The only quotes I've received have been around $700 per year. Is this typical or am I getting ripped off?

Essex_Sterling
    I know this doesn't really apply since I don't have a jet boat, however, I pay a little over $500 per year for a 2000 Essex with a 300 HP motor. The policy is with Wetsern Marine Insurance.
    Originally posted by Erik:
    Could anyone out there recomend an insurance co. for my 74 Hallett? Its 19-ft with a 468 BBC. I've been rejected because I'm too young, its too old, too fast, has over the transom headers, etc. The only quotes I've received have been around $700 per year. Is this typical or am I getting ripped off?

dcraig
    I have insurance with Progressive for 21' 98 jet boat with 390hp.
    However, I know the insurance companies don't like fast low profile boats and anything that runs over 55mph. Age is also a big factor. Shop around but the price is not that far off.
    Sorry

Cas42
    I just got a quote from my insurance agent here in Sonoma for my boat. Cost of insurance is $472. for a 1978 Tahiti 21' Super Cruiser jet valued at $5000 inc. trailer with a 454cu/330hp BBC, single carb., max speed about 55mph
    I have a $250. deductible on the boat, $300,000.00 on P/L and P/D, $10,000.00 B/I.
    If you're skeptical or just want more info, email Connie (ConnieA@Heffgroup.com), there's no charge for a quote.
    Right now she can only write policies in CA. but she has a few different companies that she can write for.
    As I read somewhere earlier, be honest with what you have. If you don't and you have a loss, they can deny it.

INFINITEJJ
    I JUST RENEWED MY POLICY. I HAVE A 1975 19' TAHITI OPEN BOW JET, 460 FORD. IT IS INSURED FOR $8000 AND I PAY $388 A YEAR. I AM INSURED THRU THE McGRAW GROUP OUT OF ANAHEIM CA. PHONE # IS 714-939-9875. GOOD LUCK!!

spectras only
    Whoa, you guys pay a lot for insurance down south. I pay 380$ Can for an all risk policy,for the 20 Spectra, appraised at 20000$ Canadian. What makes me wonder why is it higher in the states when most insurers use the same underwriters.Independent insurance companies maybe?

fat rat
    This is my two cents worth, again.....I think I've spent at least Fifty cents on this subject. I just sold my 88 Caribbean, 502, OT headers and every thing else, to a young guy in his twenties, he insured it with Gieco for $240. a year......full coverage. For the past 13 years I was paying $210. a year with Allstate, the problem that I'm having is insuring my 2001 21' Daytona that I should be recieving very soon. Insurance co. hear tunnel hull and or Daytona and most won't even insure it and the ones that will want any wheres from $1200.- $2000. a year. I would like to hear from someone that thinks I can get a better deal. Thanx

Timer
    fat rat, for your hull you might be able to get it with Progressive Ins. through an agency. I have an older Daytona v-drive with them.

Cas42
    like I've said, send Connie an Email, she works for a broker and will look for the best price based on your particular needs.
    Every boat is different, location is different, driving record is different, too many things to list :-)
    Example, I'd rather pay more for a $250.00 deductible than to pay out of pocket for a loss.

phillyray
    Hey FatRat I'am in the same boat as you,(pardon the pun)can't find anyone to cover my 21 Daytona ,they tell me it's on our don't insure list.What to do? AKA HammerDown.P.S. maby I'll see ya at the sand bar in Harve DeGrace Md. this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast