Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine Builders??

NOTALENT
    Well after I rebuilt my 454 in my 1999 sleekcraft sundancer I ended up somehow messing it up agian. I spun 3 main bearings. It ran great for 2hrs thru the break in. and then started knocking. I am now low on funds. My buddy who builds engines for advantage said that its probaly because of the truck pan I am using. So I am now on the market. Possibly for a short block or something. not to expensive. Any Ideas?

Cheaper in the long run to just belly up and pay to have a pro build your engine if you aren't sure what you are doing. Doing it twice is never the way to save $$$$$

Kindsvater Flat
    Well after I rebuilt my 454 in my 1999 sleekcraft sundancer I ended up somehow messing it up agian. I spun 3 main bearings. It ran great for 2hrs thru the break in. and then started knocking. I am now low on funds. My buddy who builds engines for advantage said that its probaly because of the truck pan I am using. So I am now on the market. Possibly for a short block or something. not to expensive. Any Ideas?
    Contact Squeezing Spectra on the boards. He can build motors.

Nucking futs
    Cheaper in the long run to just belly up and pay to have a pro build your engine if you aren't sure what you are doing. Doing it twice is never the way to save $$$$$
    True that!!!!!

GofastRacer
    If you're not educated enough to do it right yourself, save your money and have someone else do it right for you, it will cost but it will save a bundle in the long run!..Just do your homework, there's a shit load of so called "engine builders" out there but there's a BIG difference between "assembling" and "building" a motor, anybody can bolt one together, not everyone can "build" a motor!...

Infomaniac
    Get someone local to help you out.
    I have a decent oil pan that I took in on trade on e-bay right now. Along with a few other items. I just listed it last night. 4 people watching it now. Click the link below
    Here You go (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT)

texas-19
    I ran a truck pan for 4 years on my jet boat with no problem,i did finally switch to a dooley though.Did you prime the engine?

NOTALENT
    Yeah..I primed it for 45 min with a drill and an old distributor shaft..I had lots of oil pressure on the gauge.

Foggerjet
    .....still have that 512 short block, best of everything, Moldex, Carillo, JE, Jesel belt drive, Stef's fab'd pan BIG solid cam w/rollers. Not cheap tho, PM if interested
    fog

TIMINATOR
    The proper way to prime an engine is to run the drill just long enough to prime the pump, fill the filter, and get pressure to the galleys. You don't need or want to run the drill any longer, if you do, then you are just washing off all of that 35.00/ gallon prelube into the pan. Some small air bubbles in the galleys or valvetrain is preferable to starting the engine with only engine oil in there. Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong. TIMINATOR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast