Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for info on my boat

76cole
    ok maybe some of the racers can help me out here. i have a 76coletr1 that the bottoms been reworked to be the same as a tr2. the boat was raced as dail911 sometime in its life. now it's boat 707 the big easy. trying to find out anything i can about it. the bottom was done by jim lange from what i have been told. trying to see if anyone has any pictures when its was raced or any infomation on it at all. thanks for any help on finding out anything on it i can. thanks
    76cole

Kindsvater Flat
    It was a 5/8's runner and reworked to a 7/8's runner never run on a string so the rumor is said. Don London out of Saugas, Ca owned it and there were 2 911 boats. The one you have is the backup boat and will take lots of power to make it run since it is really heavy. The bottom just never quite worked out. I believe that a board member totalled the original 911 race that used to be the record holder before he wadded it up on the mountain in a big old fireball. This can be seen on reruns of RealTv and Discovery Narrow Escapes. I'm not going to mention Acceptence's real name but we know how he drives.

kipperps28
    Unless there are more boats w/ that name, I have a pic of it in a shoebox somewhere from Puddingstone around 1991 or so. I was a youngin', but I remember it. I think it had upswept headers at the time (stuck in my mind- I run 'em on my Pro Stock now...)

76cole
    that would be great to see a picture of it. also where can i find the river rat video? thanks
    76cole

Kindsvater Flat
    that would be great to see a picture of it. also where can i find the river rat video? thanks
    76cole
    I was wrong about the video. See above post. You might contact Acceptence throught a PM for more info. Hard to get hold of him since he wastes most of his time on the river.

76cole
    i plan on running a bbc 468 10.5 comp. 049 heads victor jr, with a 850d.p. a comp 278 hyd. cam with 578 lift. the machine shop say appox. 600 h.p. i am hoping to see at least 95-100 with it i hope. what do you mean the bottom never really worked out? and is there a way to get ahold of the original owner to ask him about the boat? this is my first v-drive so i am looking for all the infomation to learn how to drive it right. i am stepping up from a jetboat. thanks
    76cole

You may want to dump the hyd. cam.
    The hyd. will not let the thing rpm.

Kindsvater Flat
    i plan on running a bbc 468 10.5 comp. 049 heads victor jr, with a 850d.p. a comp 278 hyd. cam with 578 lift. the machine shop say appox. 600 h.p. i am hoping to see at least 95-100 with it i hope. what do you mean the bottom never really worked out? and is there a way to get ahold of the original owner to ask him about the boat? this is my first v-drive so i am looking for all the infomation to learn how to drive it right. i am stepping up from a jetboat. thanks
    76cole
    Contact this guy on the boards.Acceptence (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=4317)
    I also called him for that info I posted.

76cole
    do you just talk to him? the 818-966 # is a fax and the other is disconnected.
    thanks
    76cole

76cole
    the 468 is a temp. engine for it. i am building a blown bbc for it next winter if the hull will take it. i am not really looking to go super fast but if i could make 100 mph in it i would be real happy :wink:
    76cole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast