Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions please Competitive vs. Extreme trailers

tamalewagon
    I need some help from you all. My trailer has unfortunately seen it's last day (unrefurbishable). I am trying to decide between an Extreme or Competitive trailer. The competitive trailers are a bit less expensive, but I don't mind paying more for a better product if that is the case. Opinions?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We had a Competetive for less than 2 weeks when we first got our boat and by the time we ordered the Extreme and switched them out, the Competetive was already rusting.
    There are others reasons why we went with Extreme but I am not sure what they were, something about the tube steel vs. c-channel? :messedup: And maybe something about the quality of the weld joints???
    Was that helpful? hahaaha :hammerhea

It's Only Money
    Extreme - nothing less.

Tequila-John
    We have an Extreme with our new boat. It pulls killer I love it

BADBLOWN572
    Mrs. Boardsmnj is correct when it comes to the quality of construction between the two trailers. The Competitive usually is made from "C" channel steel versus the tubular steel of Extreme. The welds on the Extreme are also a lot cleaner on the Extreme. Both trailers should be the same when it comes to rust. If any trailer gets dipped in salt water without being properly prepared, it will cause rust to occur quickly.
    Another trailer that I would look at is Zieman (?sp). I have seen some of their new trailers and they look incredible. I would rate some of them above Extreme. From what I understand, they are also about the same price as the Competitive, but with Extreme quality. Just another option.

RiverDave
    Between teh 2 I'd pick extreme.. I'd tell them they can keep there Carlisle tires though and request a different brand. LOL
    RD

cdog
    Extreme - nothing less.
    I Agree! My Extreme has got to be the nicest trailer i've ever pulled. The brakes work great and it's finish is awsome.

tamalewagon
    Rusting within two weeks? Hmm :idea: Impressive!

tamalewagon
    The boat I will be trailering is a California Performance and weights next to nothing (comparatively speaking), so will taking the breaks off be an absolutely rediculous choice? Thoughts please...

BarryMac
    Don't know how much help I will be but here is my experience, my Carrera sits atop a Competitive, it has got to be the squeekiest trailer I have ever pulled, it pulls nice and straight but every bump sounds like I'm runnin over a heard of mice, sharp turns and I am afraid that it is going to break apart, it cracks and pops loudly, it's been under the boat since new 01 so I am not ready to change it out, when I do Extreme will be getting my business for sure...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast