Thread: Collective Soul - What's up with these guys

C-2
    I heard their new tune and it sounds pretty good. Which got me to thinking - they've had some killer music, yet have never really scored in the mainstream.
    Should they get some tattoo's and add more hate lyrics to their music, or what? :idea: :idea:

PHX ATC
    I've liked them for years.
    Maybe they don't want to be mainstream.......I dunno.

Havasu Doug
    I heard their new tune and it sounds pretty good. Which got me to thinking - they've had some killer music, yet have never really scored in the mainstream.
    Should they get some tattoo's and add more hate lyrics to their music, or what? :idea: :idea:
    Collective Soul is great, but I've never seemed to see them live yet. They had some turmoil within the band during the last 2 years, but I think they are all back together and willing to give it another shot.
    Whether they scored in the mainstream or not, they are still good and I always look forward to new music. I'll just cross my fingers because sometimes when a band gets too popular, I lose interest.

voodoomedman
    Collective Soul is great, but I've never seemed to see them live yet.
    I saw them live in 94 when they opened up for Aerosmith. They were pretty darn good. Aerosmith usually picks some pretty good up and coming bands to open up for them.

XtrmWakeborder
    i have the self titled album...they've got some good songs

bigerich
    I would say that "Shine" was a pretty major mainstream hit for them a few years back. Along with songs like "Run" and "The World I know".... Great music, maybe they don't get recognition because they are actually talented?