Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought another boat (notice of upcoming SPAM)

Tahiti350
    I got off the phone last night after striking a deal for a mid '70's Hawiian 20ish footer. Buying it sight unseen except for a couple of pic's of the seats. It's set up for 460 Ford, has a Berk pump, new interior, everything removed for paint. The current owner bought it for the brand new crate 460 Cobra Jet motor that came with it, but is providing a 429 (condition unknown) to go with the hull. Current owner has Washington registration, but hull is not titled, I will try to get title, or at least curent Washington registration. All mounts, polished aluminum logs, gauges, saddle tanks, etc are there, only thing that I don't get is the trailer.
    All I want is the interior and the saddle tanks, and will be putting my current interior back in it. I will be selling/parting the rest shortly after getting it home on or about 15 April. I'll be posting pic's in the Spam forum at Hot Boat and at Banderlog. I'd like to sell it "complete" and would take $500 (delivery negotiable). Boat will be located in Tacoma Washington, and shipping cost will be buyers responsibility. I also have a trailer available that could be worked into the deal to easy delivery.
    I'm not out to make a killing, just want to recoup my expenses (purchase and travel fuel), and get the rest out of the yard as quickly as possible, so if you need anything let me know, first come, first served!!!

Tahiti350
    If anyone is interested I'll be posting pic's of everything later today. Hull is a '78 Hawiian 19', and looks fairly solid. has a few glass cracks around the stringers, and is mostly in primer, except for the deck. Bottom looks good with slight hook in the outboard strakes 2-3' from the transom. All mounts, exhaust, and stuff is there. Berkley pump (12JC-A) has a fresh impeller and seems ready to go. Mounts are by Guardian, and have been polished. Engine that came with it is a complete, virgin DOVE 460 straight out of a truck (DOVE B block, C heads, cast iron DOVE intake, etc.), but has been sitting for several years without sparkplugs, so won't turn over right now. I'll be messing with it to see if I can break it loose. Only thing that appears to be missing is the steering wheel, the rub rails, and some minor hardware. It even still has the original SW gauges and tach laying in the wiring harness pile (except the amp gauge, it's a no name gauge). Overall looks like a paint and assemble boat kit. :crossx:
    I'll be refitting my spare trailer (single axle V-flatty trailer) to haul the Hawiian for now.
    After seeing everything that's there and the condition of the hull I'd like to get $800 for everything, including the trailer.
    PM if interested, would still like to sell together, but will entertain offers on parts once I catolog and post everything.
    Thanks for any word of mouth advertising, and delivery of small parts (if I part it) could be made thru the Shasta trip in June.

malcolm
    Fix it up, then sell the half wacker. :crossx:

1968Droptop
    Engine that came with it is a complete, virgin DOVE 460 straight out of a truck (DOVE B block, C heads, cast iron DOVE intake, etc.), but has been sitting for several years without sparkplugs, so won't turn over right now.
    Thanks for any word of mouth advertising, and delivery of small parts (if I part it) could be made thru the Shasta trip in June.
    Might be interested in those heads Gary. Remind me tonight.....

Tahiti350
    Malcolm,
    I've thought about that, but why should I go to a slower boat that uses more fuel?? :crossx:
    It's a good looking hull though....... :idea:

El Prosecutor
    Got pics of the pump and engine?

Tahiti350
    Will take pump, engine (going to open it up and see what the insides look like), and hardware pic's tomorrow (Sunday). Ran out of time today after jockeying the hull around and washing it out.
    P.S. You got any bigger pic's of your Hawiian?? It looks sweet in the avatar pic

460 WJ
    That looks like the same hull I have. I't is not a 80 mph boat but it handles the water well... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...anger_1977.png

Tahiti350
    Another sweet looking boat, thanks for showing what this "project" could turn out like. You guys are making it tough to get rid of, but it's got to go.
    Will be out getting more pic's of hardware in a bit, spending a little Easter tiem with the family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast