Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPEEDING TICKET?????

mach1 454
    i was at castaice a couple of weekends ago and i got a speeding ticket. me and a Hallet were racing each other at about 60-65mph and then the lifeguard pulled us both over at the docks. the other guy got a warning and i got a ticket!!!!!! why didnt he get a ticket if we were both speeding over the speed limit of 35mph!!!??? she told me that i got the ticket because i was ahead of the Hallet. im going to court to fight it!! how much are speeding tickets out on the water?? im just 17 years old without a job and a mad dad. thanx
    mach1 454

Hallett19
    I am glad I wasnt the Hallett you were racing because I would have been winning and I would have go the ticket, tough luck kid.

spectras only
    Mach1 ,the speed limit is 35 max and 5 or 15 some part of that lake.You don't have a chance to fight it, especially after the tragic accident that claimed 4 lives.You can argue about the other guy's luck at court,but I would try to be polite,that may yield you a reduced fine.

HBjet
    I believe the fines are $20 fo every mile over the limit. So if you were going 65, and the speed limit is 35, the ticket amount should be 600 bucks. But hey, at least you won right? Don't worry, besides, ask you Pop if he has ever taken that boat over 35mph.
    HBjet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

flat broke
    Originally posted by spectras only:
    Mach1 ,the speed limit is 35 max and 5 or 15 some part of that lake.You don't have a chance to fight it, especially after the tragic accident that claimed 4 lives.You can argue about the other guy's luck at court,but I would try to be polite,that may yield you a reduced fine.
    Sorry to tell you Mach1, but you'd be wasting your time to go to court. Unless you feel that a representative from the issuing authority won't be there to testify
    against you. If you try and use the "but the other guy didn't get a ticket" most judges will give you the portion of the vehicle code or civil statute that you broke and point out that nowhere in the text does it mention the other guy. I tried this once when I got pulled over on the 101 for doing 80 in my beat down looking 65 Chevelle. There were a couple cars(newer and nicer) that were moving faster, but I got pulled over. I brought it up in court and got chewed by the judge. The only way you're getting out of the ticket is if a representative from the issuing authority is not present. After 1/11, I'd say your chances of that happening are slim to none.
    Sorry bud,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

flattie
    Do the lifeguards have radar? if not I think its crazy that someone can call the shots from land. and when do lifeguards give tickets.
    I had a dock boy at a marina tell me I was going to get a ticket if I launch my boat there any more because at idle I leave a little ripple in the water. So I make a point of it to make as much noise as possible and as early as possible,anywhere near the marina.
    I have a few choice words for the DNR & marine police. there not lets dance!

spectras only
    Flattie, we don't even know which area Mach 1 was caught ! When you boat anywhere you have to be aware of the regulations http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif.If you go 28 MPH [minimum to stay on plane with a jet ,18-20 MPH with a V-drive ]in a no wake zone they nail you regardless of the max speed limits of the entire lake.

mach1 454
    Originally posted by flattie:
    Do the lifeguards have radar? if not I think its crazy that someone can call the shots from land. and when do lifeguards give tickets.
    I had a dock boy at a marina tell me I was going to get a ticket if I launch my boat there any more because at idle I leave a little ripple in the water. So I make a point of it to make as much noise as possible and as early as possible,anywhere near the marina.
    I have a few choice words for the DNR & marine police. there not lets dance!
    no the lifeguards dont have radars or atleast didnt mark on the ticket my speed. i was about a 1/4 mile away when they saw me so they couldnt of got me on radar. plus on the ticket it says going over speed limit of 35 thats all it says. but at least i won the hallet with my squirt gun boat!!! lol
    mach1 454

Chestah Cheetah
    Originally posted by mach1 454:
    why didnt he get a ticket if we were both speeding over the speed limit of 35mph!!!???
    Years ago when I had my Mustang, I raced a buddy with a built Explorer 5.0 - he won, but I got the ticket. Why? I had a sports car and his was a family SUV - it's a no brainer for the cop. I never mentioned him to the cop.

DickDanger
    I agree that after 1/11, it may be a bit impossible to get the ticket thrown out, BUT, if you do go to court, they will probably reduce the fine. #1, if the lifeguard gave you the ticket, didnt mark the speed limit on there, and had no radar to PROVE that you were speeding, it MAY be beatable. You need to be careful on the approach that you take with the judge. Tell him that you asked for proof on your speed, and it wasnt provided. GUESSING that someone is speeding, and how fast they are going is very subjective. If it were me, I am pretty sure I could figure out a way to weasel out of it. Good Luck!!! -DD out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast