Thread: Water Pressure Regulator

I am replacing all the water hoses on my Olds with braided #8 hose and am going to use a regulator with a by-pass. Does anyone know a plumbing supply that sells these valves or what they were designed for? These valves look like $10 hardware store items but it seems they become $80.00 when you purchase from jet suppliers. I was thinking about trying a fuel pressure regulator with a fuel tank return has anyone tried this?

77_Tahiti
    Try MSC Industrial Supply @ (mscdirect.com) if they dont have what you nneed check with Parker Fittings @ (parker.com) under the fluid connectors, the web site will also list a local distributor in your area.
    Good Luck http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

phillyray
    Grainger Industrial Supply,I know I've seen them in there before,about $25-$30 Dont know how true this is but I've also been told somewere that sand and sedement can cause problems with the unit?

turbo
    check this guy out . jet pump repair inc. I baught one about 3 yrs. back it was 25 bucks.

turbo
    sorry forgot the number here it is601 256 4018

The fuel bypass system is the best set-up you can run. It insures unlimited flow [voluume] to the carb while regulating pressure by returning the excess to the tank. The only down side is you need to run an unobstructed return line to a dedicated bung on the top of the tank. Just make sure the fuel pump and lines [including the P/U] are big enough to support the engine.